How long to get your email

darkgreen

Reaction score
Hi All-

Perhaps I'm spoiled by my years of blackberry use but how long are people waiting for email to update? If you have 5 minute checks are all your emails there every 5+ minutes when you look? If you hit "refresh" how long does it take to see new messages in your inbox?

Preferably I'd like to know if you're using non-gmail as I'm using yahoo mail plus and a godaddy hosted corporate account.

Thanks!

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Hi All-

Perhaps I'm spoiled by my years of blackberry use but how long are people waiting for email to update? If you have 5 minute checks are all your emails there every 5+ minutes when you look? If you hit "refresh" how long does it take to see new messages in your inbox?

Preferably I'd like to know if you're using non-gmail as I'm using yahoo mail plus and a godaddy hosted corporate account.

Thanks!

I have an exchange acct set up on the droid that is push. Emails come instantly. Also have a hotmail and my isp email forwarded to gmail, they also come instantly.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend that you search and read all the Yahoo threads then. My SO is currently unable to get her Yahoo mail except via the mobile web interface even though it was working properly a couple of days ago.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
If you can auto forward all your other mail accounts to Gmail, then do it. I get my cox.net emails with in 30 seconds.

broosewee

Reaction score
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but but my hotmail doesn't work a couple hours after i reboot the phone. Then it doesnt 'mark as read' or 'delete' when i tell it to... :(

But as far as speed, it comes pretty fast when it works.

Gmail is almost instant though.

OP
D

darkgreen

Reaction score
Thanks for all the remarks. My yahoo (paid "plus" account mind you, I did read all the threads) and work account were totally not updating because the mail process was crashing.

Then I installed the K-9 mail program and OH MY GOODNESS! It's so much better. Now all my mail accounts work, update fast, and it has options like "mark all read" that the default client doesn't have.

I'm still trying to figure it out if I should return it though. Other threads say constant com.android.email force closes are a symptom of something and replacing the handset fixes it a lot. I'm also uncertain about having my main phone function being dependent on an added application.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I can watch the email hit Outlook on my PC then seconds later the Droid gets it....