Rooting

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
The new driver got installed correctly the one I got from xda but I havent conected my phone yet

Samsung fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
The drivers are so that the computer recognises the phone when it gets plugged in right?

Samsung fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok wel yeah I was gesing thats wat it was for just wanted to make shure

Samsung fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is always good to have saved on your computer.

It's DI01 build, completely stock. In case something goes wrong somewhere down the line flashing back to this build via ODIN and re-rooting will solve all problems. Or you know, if you ever need Verizon to look at your phone for whatever reason they will never know you were rooted and running custom Roms.

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh so its to unroot it? Thanks I was wondering if there was a way to unroot in this method

Samsung fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Umm I have the update.zip files in my computer but I dnt have them downloaded and placed on my sd card could this be why my drivers wont instal?

Samsung fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok thank just hope I never have to unroot

Samsung fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Hey k rock wich do u recomend super clean version 2.9 cuse theirs 2 one with all black words and another with red words

Samsung fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok wel I tried the one in red and I got the odin page up but I cnt exctract a compresed file when I install winrar nothing happens nothing poos up and its not even in my downloads file

Samsung fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
you want the wipe version since you're coming from Eclair(android 2.1). So make sure you download my back up pro from the market and back up all your stuff.

Download update.zip and move it to your sd card. Do not unzip, leave it as it.

You Download EB16SC29_DXC.tar and it gets saved as EB16SC29_DXC.tar You then right click the file and click extract here. Then there should be this file EB16SC29_DXC.tar.md5 That is the file you put in the PDA Section of ODIN to flash to your phone.

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Yes I have downloaded my back up app. Ok I think I downloaded another kind of 2.9 il try the other one 2day. Ok but in order to do the extract here thing dnt I need winrar? Cuse I download it but it dsnt do anything

Samsung fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
Yes I have downloaded my back up app. Ok I think I downloaded another kind of 2.9 il try the other one 2day. Ok but in order to do the extract here thing dnt I need winrar? Cuse I download it but it dsnt do anything

Samsung fascinate

Yes, download winrar to extract the .tar file

And you really should do the wipe version coming from android 2.1. That's the one I linked for you a post above. If you go non-wipe you very well could end up in force close hell.

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Nothing pops up when I download the winRAR

Samsung fascinate