Rooting

EL Lacost

Reaction score
So I have tried using z4 root but it takes forever loading and doesn't do anything and sometimes it just turns d screen white any help? I have tried doing temporary root and it does the same. I have tried akaskrilers method and when selecting sd card.zip it says e signiture failed

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

k rock

Reaction score
Why do you want to root?

If your purpose is to put froyo and themes on then use the all in one 2.9 package via ODIN. It will root you during the process. Very simple.

Sent from my SC'd VA Green Fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Yes wel I want to root to get the 2.2 since us fascinaye users are stil stuck with the 2.1 software and also to get my phone to run faster and overclock it and fix the lagfix. So would ur method work for this? And if so do u know if I can do it straight from my phone or is a computer needed? Thanx alot for the previous fast replies :) realy apreciate the help

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok wel to download most of the good stuff from xda I need to register and it won't let me register

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok I used super one click but I dont know wat to do now? All I have done is added the super user

Samsung fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
Ok wel to download most of the good stuff from xda I need to register and it won't let me register

You can do everything here or you can go here for faster responses to questions. Good luck is easy.

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
With ur method could I overclock it and do the lagfix?or would I be able to do this with any method of rooting

Samsung fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
With ur method could I overclock it and do the lagfix?or would I be able to do this with any method of rooting

Samsung fascinate

Can't over clock until official froyo is out so the devs can put out a new kernel.

Yes can you voodoo, but make sure you read read and read about it. A key to remember is that if you flash a voodoo kernel you can't just flash a non voodoo kernel over it.

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh ok cuse I thought when u rooted u could do this? like the oclf? Also akaskrilers method could help phones be twice as fast.Do u know anything else that could make my phone faster?

Samsung fascinate

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Super oneclick does not work on my phone neither does z4 any other methods u people know about that doesnt require using computer?

Samsung fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
Super oneclick does not work on my phone neither does z4 any other methods u people know about that doesnt require using computer?

Samsung fascinate

Forgive me if mistaken but I thought super one click you still needed to use a computer. Do you not have access to a pc? Using Odin for the first time is the easiest to do, you're rooted and have froyo.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you need a PC for odin and superoneclick.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh ok thanx yes I have acces to a computer but just tought it would be easier from my phone. So do u think odin is the best rooting method? And do u think by just rooting my phone will run faster?

Samsung fascinate

k rock

Reaction score
Oh ok thanx yes I have acces to a computer but just tought it would be easier from my phone. So do u think odin is the best rooting method? And do u think by just rooting my phone will run faster?

Samsung fascinate

Odin superclean 2.9. That will make it faster. Rooting byitself will not. After you root download "superuser" from the market.

My back up pro will save your apps before you ODIN and make sure you back up your contacts.