rooting verizon droid 2. have questions.

isoDUB

Reaction score
my friend asked me to root her droid 2 the other day. before i do, i want to know:

will i need to reactivate after i root or only if i install a custom rom? its on 2.2 and i'll use z4root 1.3.0.

what is a good rom for her? i let her check out my UD Droid 1 and she seemed cool with it, so i want something with that level of customization, preferably gingerbread.

the only experience i have with a droid 2 is a few weeks of use before on the liberty rom.

Sent from my iOS beast

Viktorr

Reaction score
my friend asked me to root her droid 2 the other day. before i do, i want to know:

will i need to reactivate after i root or only if i install a custom rom? its on 2.2 and i'll use z4root 1.3.0.

what is a good rom for her? i let her check out my UD Droid 1 and she seemed cool with it, so i want something with that level of customization, preferably gingerbread.

the only experience i have with a droid 2 is a few weeks of use before on the liberty rom.

Sent from my iOS beast

1.) Only time you have to reactivate is if you screw up and have to SBF to stock. Other than that, it'll all work.

2.) I've only tried 2 ROMs. Squidley and Liberty. Currently using Liberty, but Squidley is a good one and worth a look.

3.) Rooting and ROMing is pretty simple with a Droid 2. However it IS easy to screw up something and end up having to SBF. My advice is to search the forum for what you will need to use to SBF the phone (I'd provide links but short on time and don't want to search), then look up how to root the phone and follow the directions exactly to the letter.

Oh, and ALWAYS remember to do a backup in Clockwork BEFORE installing your first ROM after you Root, and once that's done save a copy of that backup to a computer. SD cards can and do fail (happened to me twice. First time I lost my backup because I didn't save it to my computer).

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score

Sent from my iOS beast

1.) Only time you have to reactivate is if you screw up and have to SBF to stock. Other than that, it'll all work.

2.) I've only tried 2 ROMs. Squidley and Liberty. Currently using Liberty, but Squidley is a good one and worth a look.

3.) Rooting and ROMing is pretty simple with a Droid 2. However it IS easy to screw up something and end up having to SBF. My advice is to search the forum for what you will need to use to SBF the phone (I'd provide links but short on time and don't want to search), then look up how to root the phone and follow the directions exactly to the letter.

Oh, and ALWAYS remember to do a backup in Clockwork BEFORE installing your first ROM after you Root, and once that's done save a copy of that backup to a computer. SD cards can and do fail (happened to me twice. First time I lost my backup because I didn't save it to my computer).

thanks and no need for the sbf links. i've done rooting on the droid 2 before and still have my old files/apks. i'll be sure to do a backup.

Sent from my iOS beast