Stock Android on R2D2?

benhar

Reaction score
My wife wants to replace her Pre with an Android phone, and she wants to get the R2D2 over the Global just because of the price difference. The looks of the phone don't bother her, but I'm not sure she will want the theme. From reading around on here it looks like I can root the R2D2, so I'm assuming that means I can put stock Android on the R2D2? I have a Droid 1 so I'm used to rooting and changing ROMs, but with hers I will just want to get it all configured once and be done.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Iirc you can just sbf the r2d2 so that it would pretty much be a standard droid 2 in an r2d2 body or you could flash a droid 2 rom on to it but I don't know the exact procedure

tappin and a talkin

lopedog

Reaction score
Yes you can root it pretty easy. I also just pick up the R2D2 and rooted it with z4root. The only issue I had rooting was I didn't put the phone in airplane mode first, so the phone was trying to root for over 15 min without success. So I started over, putting phone in airplane mode first and it only took a minute or two. The article didn't mention to do that in the OP but I had read somewhere else that was a issue for someone. As for the ROM I flashed liberty and so far Im loving it.

Edit: I do miss my OG Droid and flashing ROMs and themes. Not as many options on this phone.

Sent from my DROID2 R2D2

OP
B

benhar

Reaction score
Thanks! Just wanted to double check it was possible.