Rooting official Gingerbread 4.6.4

google123

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding; WiFi always on and u get 24 hours? How do u have the WiFi power setting set: Shut down when screen turns off, never when plugged in, or never? Do u keep your data (3G) connection always on too?

I keep wifi on all the time, i keep 3g off. and I keep wifi power to never turn off. the extended battery is no joke i kid you not. Its well worth the price of admission.

OP
R

rafeee2

Reaction score
This is pure awesomeness. Yours is the Motorola battery that comes with the back cover?

google123

Reaction score
This is pure awesomeness. Yours is the Motorola battery that comes with the back cover?

Yep, straight from Verizon Wireless website. Don't trust some of the other supposedly extended batteries going around. This is the real deal. There was a thread on here about the benefits. With the extra thickness, which, is minimal btw, and the included battery cover, it even added some nice heft to the phone. Feels very solid and performs awesome. My BB Tour still had better battery life but had no where near the functionality. dancedroid

dutchbastard

Reaction score
24 hours, that is an interesting concept.
I have the Extended battery as well, but I never managed to get more than 12 hours, regardless of how little I used it.
I do notice a huge battery life improvement since the 2.3.3 update.
When you get your phone rooted and improved, would you mind sharing how you did it?

BTW, Moto won't like me for sharing, but I talked to their customer service to complain about my battery life and got them to send me an extended battery for free, it just did not come with the battery door. This was after they sent me a new stock battery for lack of battery life and it still did not improve.
I then went to Verizon and told them of my predicament and they gave me $10 credit on my account to balance out the $10 I had to spend to buy the door from Moto.
Just saying folks, sometimes you ask and you shall receive.

google123

Reaction score
24 hours, that is an interesting concept.
I have the Extended battery as well, but I never managed to get more than 12 hours, regardless of how little I used it.
I do notice a huge battery life improvement since the 2.3.3 update.
When you get your phone rooted and improved, would you mind sharing how you did it?

BTW, Moto won't like me for sharing, but I talked to their customer service to complain about my battery life and got them to send me an extended battery for free, it just did not come with the battery door. This was after they sent me a new stock battery for lack of battery life and it still did not improve.
I then went to Verizon and told them of my predicament and they gave me $10 credit on my account to balance out the $10 I had to spend to buy the door from Moto.
Just saying folks, sometimes you ask and you shall receive.

You dutchbastard. Lol. I have just received a message on my phone that my battery is low......affter 22hrs 44 mins 53s onn battery i have hit the 15% mark.....

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
R

rafeee2

Reaction score
I'm happy for you google123 :) Now if I can just get that friggin official GB rooted I'll start having fun! Going back to 2.26.60 via SBF then rooting then buying the TBH app and updating to rooted GB would be a pain in the #$@.

Let alone that I don't believe I should pay for rooting, a rooted version or an app that provides rooted versions.. Just saying.

google123

Reaction score
Yeah, I've debated also going back to rooty tooty froyo fruity and then going rooted GB but I have already got GB and I'm gonna just wait until I can root GB on my own somehow. I'm just gonna keep trying the usual root apps.....it WILL work, dammitt.

OP
R

rafeee2

Reaction score
I have a different approach: I'm just gonna sit on my @$# until the Gingerbreak dude makes a 2.3.3 version :D I already tried Z4, AROOT, 2 versions of superoneclick and 3 versions of Gingerbreak, so I'm done trying already!

Why I need root now though isn't very critical:

• Some paid apps in the market (I live in Q8)
  • A couple of widgets (reboot, data toggle, etc..)
So I can wait.

jhumbo

Reaction score
I just tried the Gingerbreak-v1.2.apk with no success.
Also tried SuperOneClick 1.9.5 which include the Gingerbreak exploit also with no success.

Apparently Gingerbreak 1.2 only works on 2.3.2, not 2.3.3. The Xperia guys have a method of using Gingerbreak on 2.3.2 and then upgrading to 2.3.3 to retain root, but I don't think that helps us.

Aside from buying the TBH root tools, has anyone been able to root the 2.3.3 update?

OP
R

rafeee2

Reaction score
I just tried the Gingerbreak-v1.2.apk with no success.
Also tried SuperOneClick 1.9.5 which include the Gingerbreak exploit also with no success.

Apparently Gingerbreak 1.2 only works on 2.3.2, not 2.3.3. The Xperia guys have a method of using Gingerbreak on 2.3.2 and then upgrading to 2.3.3 to retain root, but I don't think that helps us.

Aside from buying the TBH root tools, has anyone been able to root the 2.3.3 update?

Nope :icon_evil: I went with the TBH app a loooooong time ago

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Worked fine for me. Either the one labeled droid 3 or bionic. I do believe I have the bionic one. Eitherway they work on our pro's.
And that thread talks about issues on windows 7 but that's also what I use and no issues here

manolo

Reaction score
Worked fine for me. Either the one labeled droid 3 or bionic. I do believe I have the bionic one. Eitherway they work on our pro's.
And that thread talks about issues on windows 7 but that's also what I use and no issues here

Ok. Thanks.
I will try later the other one (droid 3).

kapilthio

Reaction score
Only Droid 3 rooting tool will work for any Motorola Gingerbread.

Z4root or 1clickroot wont work. Use attached file with this Post to Root any Gingerbread Motorola

Make sure of following

1. USB Debugging is Enabled.
2. Install from Unknown Sources is Enabled.
3. All Motorola drivers are installed. (ADB driver is must)
4. Connect Phone in 'Charge Only' mode.

And Phone will re-boot for 3-4 times in the Process, So don't panic. Its normal.

View attachment 41701