rooted GB by TBH version 4.6.4: how to go to GB version 4.6.8 ?

robi72

Reaction score
Hi
I'm on ROOTED GB by TBH.
My system version is 4.6.4 XT610.Verizon.en.us

I read the new GB ota is out and the new version is 4.6.8.
I managed to download the 4.6.8 file

How can I apply the new version ?

Thanks

nomad2000

Reaction score
Mmmm, I flashed the full SBF file by RSDlite, blur version 3.8,7, then use 4.6.8 update.zip file upgrading via SD card.

maybe not a best choice, but it works.:biggrin:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Mmmm, I flashed the full SBF file by RSDlite, blur version 3.8,7, then use 4.6.8 update.zip file upgrading via SD card.

maybe not a best choice, but it works.:biggrin:
I think that is the only way to do it, but not sure. Have you rooted 4.6.8 and if so what did you use to root?

clueless77

Reaction score
Actually if you full sbf to 3.8.7 the new update will come through I have done it three times, just sbf then check for updates in the about phone section

Edit: I did mine flashing sbf 2.26.20 and taking three updates
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

google123

Reaction score
I would SBF to 3.8.7 and install the 4.6.8 update from here. Why wait for the OTA when you can get the update file from here. My $0.02.

OP
R

robi72

Reaction score
thanks to everybody here: I've done exactly what you suggested:

SBF 3.8.7 (had to wipe data as I was stuck in bootloop),

upgrade to 4.6.8 (first to SBF I put the zip file on my sd renaming the file as update.zip)

root with Motorolaoneclick root

and obviosly restored all applications and data with Titanium backup pro.

Now I'm on new official GB with all my apps and data.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
First off, someone needs to explain to me in idiot speak for me...

My phone isn't rooted, it has version 4.6.4.X610.Verizon.whatever that I downloaded and flashed to my phone awhile back when we were still on Froyo.

When I check for updates it says there aren't any. Where do I download the latest update and how can I get my phone to update it properly?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

technician199

Reaction score
Same boat

First off, someone needs to explain to me in idiot speak for me...

My phone isn't rooted, it has version 4.6.4.X610.Verizon.whatever that I downloaded and flashed to my phone awhile back when we were still on Froyo.

When I check for updates it says there aren't any. Where do I download the latest update and how can I get my phone to update it properly?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

I'm in the same boat, but I found a download link for the latest GB 4.6.8. Can I rename it update.zip and flash it like before. It's my girlfriends phone so I don't want it down for to long. If anyone knows that would be great.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but I found a download link for the latest GB 4.6.8. Can I rename it update.zip and flash it like before. It's my girlfriends phone so I don't want it down for to long. If anyone knows that would be great.
The most recent OTA update (OS 2.3.3 version 4.6.8) was designed to update a Droid Pro from OS 2.26 with OTA update 3.8.7 installed. If you are currently running 2.3 with version 4.6.4 then your phone will not indicate that there is an update available when you check and you cannot install a downloaded 4.6.8 zip file successfully the way you did 4.6.4. To update your phone to OS 2.3.3 version 4.6.8 (the latest) then you have to sbf back to 2.26 version 3.8.7.

jzamoras

Reaction score
The most recent OTA update (OS 2.3.3 version 4.6.8) was designed to update a Droid Pro from OS 2.26 with OTA update 3.8.7 installed. If you are currently running 2.3 with version 4.6.4 then your phone will not indicate that there is an update available when you check and you cannot install a downloaded 4.6.8 zip file successfully the way you did 4.6.4. To update your phone to OS 2.3.3 version 4.6.8 (the latest) then you have to sbf back to 2.26 version 3.8.7.

what about use update.zip from 4.6.8 version and force update? will that fail?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
what about use update.zip from 4.6.8 version and force update? will that fail?
I don't think so because it was not coded to update 4.6.4, it was coded to update 2.26 version 3.8.7. I'm pretty sure the install would fail.

technician199

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the information! I guess I'll try the sbf this evening, should be okay with all these great guides in this forum. You also saved me some time because I would have tried to flash 4.6.8 over 4.6.4. Thanks again and wish me luck.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the information! I guess I'll try the sbf this evening, should be okay with all these great guides in this forum. You also saved me some time because I would have tried to flash 4.6.8 over 4.6.4. Thanks again and wish me luck.
There is a "sticky" (at the top of this forum titled "The official Droid Pro sbf file") with a video you should watch first if you haven't used RSDlite and sbf'd before...it's a pretty good video. The process is pretty simple. One thing I discovered when I had to sbf back to 2.26 is that the video, and some threads about sbf, state to put the sbf file on your desktop. Depending on what version of Windows you're using, that might not work, ie. RSDlite might not recognize the file. The solution, which I had to do, is to put the sbf file in my compute's root director, ie C:\\. I'm using Vista 64 bit. Good luck.

technician199

Reaction score
@jpcalhoun I had to update RSD Lite to V5.4.4 but it worked! Glad to get the fiancee's phone to fully functional. Thanks again for all the help.