rooting my GF's droid tomorrow....help

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea I just read 5 pages what's going on. I don't remember using that but it has been a long time ago since I have installed rsd lite.

Honestly that is the hardest part of rooting if you don't already have it. But once rsdlite is installed you have nothing to worry about, that is your life line.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ok so i got rsd lite unziped. i pluged the phone in (off) and open rsd lite... open the .sbf and his start in rsd lite.....waited til the phone rebooted and got to 100 % and then unplugged it. Powered it off and then held the power button and the x button to make sure i could get into recovery. a picture of a droid with a triangle and a question mark inside the triangle appears....whats going on and what do i do next?????

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok so i got rsd lite unziped. i pluged the phone in (off) and open rsd lite... open the .sbf and his start in rsd lite.....waited til the phone rebooted and got to 100 % and then unplugged it. Powered it off and then held the power button and the x button to make sure i could get into recovery. a picture of a droid with a triangle and a question mark inside the triangle appears....whats going on and what do i do next?????

Reflash again but when the phone goes to reboot hold up on the d-pad.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

so go into rsd lite and put the sbf back on it and then turn it off and then when i boot it up again hold the power x and up on the dpad?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

so go into rsd lite and put the sbf back on it and then turn it off and then when i boot it up again hold the power x and up on the dpad?

Just go back into the bootloader up on d-pad, don't let it reboot into the Droid operating system

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

Just go back into the bootloader up on d-pad, don't let it reboot into the Droid operating system

im dumb i know, but yall are confusing me now.... so to get back into bootloader you hold up on dpad....what do i do once im there? put the sbf back on it? or do i need to power phone off and press power x and up on dpad to get into recovery?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

im dumb i know, but yall are confusing me now.... so to get back into bootloader you hold up on dpad....what do i do once im there? put the sbf back on it? or do i need to power phone off and press power x and up on dpad to get into recovery?

Ok, when you flashed the sbf the first time, you let it boot up into android, you weren't supposed to do that. After flashing the sbf, when it goes to reboot then hold up on the d-pad and wait for the 100%.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guidot, am I explaining this correctly?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes. Its called "catching the boot."

The guide you are following is the link you told me was too much to do.

Everything is explained in depth there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

Yes. Its called "catching the boot."

The guide you are following is the link you told me was too much to do.

Everything is explained in depth there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
ok, so now i need to plug phone into computer, turn off, open up rsd lite, load up the sb, hit start, after the sbf is flashed i need to press and hold up on the dpad til it gets to 100%, then unplug phone, and where do i go from there?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's when you go to recovery, do a nandroid backup and install the zip file. Hopefully, guidot can help you out from here because I have to go.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ok so i got all that other stuff figured out..... downloaded rom manager, flashed recovery, than downloaded a cyanogen mod rom, chose back up files, wide data and cache, and then it went and started backinng up files and flashing the rom, took a lonnnng time. now its stuck in bootloader....been there for like 5 min. what should i do ???? help quick

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
please somebody help. im trying to go to bed but cant bc now my gf droid isnt working right, i need to get this fixed.... please help