rooting my GF's droid tomorrow....help

bullswife98

Reaction score
Wow stock keyboards suk. Lol should say rzrecovery, as far as a rom goes??? Its personal preference now a days. You want fast?? Use Steel Droid,Simply Stunning's latest,Liquids is pretty good,You want smooth?? try Cyanogen nitelys builds #7. Want customizing??? Miui rom is the best IMHO. Or a little of all the above,.. well of course its simply stunning. Lol

Rooted : Rz Recovery
Rom : Simply Stunning v5.3
Kernal : Rz Kernal 250/1100oc
Theme:SimplyStunning, ADWTHEME/CRYSTAL

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got back on here, do you still need me to do that?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
rck7,
Can you hook up a link for RaidZero's RZrecovery? For some reason I can't get the link to connect for me.. otherwise if you can go to Droid hacks in this forum hit custom roms scroll to raidzero hit that and go to stickies and abt 3or4 posts down and you'll see the post on updated rs recovery. You want the latest which is 2.0.3 there is a tutorial abt how to install and all your links are there. By the way, his kernals are great to. Fast,smooth,and decent battery life to.

Rooted : Rz Recovery
Rom : Simply Stunning v5.3
Kernal : Rz Kernal 250/1100oc
Theme:SimplyStunning, ADWTHEME/CRYSTAL

http://rzdroid.com/ftp/recovery/RZR-2.0.3-recovery_only.sbf

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the "I can't get into recovery" post.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ok so my gf is on 2.2.2, so i can use superoneclick, correct? and after it has root, i just install roms by holding power, camera and x button to boot into bootloader and upload the update.zip correct?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok so my gf is on 2.2.2, so i can use superoneclick, correct? and after it has root, i just install roms by holding power, camera and x button to boot into bootloader and upload the update.zip correct?

Sorry about the advice on easy root as I've always used the long way to rooting, not sure about super 1-click either, but I do know that once you do figure it out, up on the d-pad + power will take you into the bootloader where you can flash recovery. X + power will take you to recovery once it's installed so you can install roms. Another way to get recovery on your phone is to download rom manager after your phone is rooted then flash clockwordmod recovery from there.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

Sorry about the advice on easy root as I've always used the long way to rooting, not sure about super 1-click either, but I do know that once you do figure it out, up on the d-pad + power will take you into the bootloader where you can flash recovery. X + power will take you to recovery once it's installed so you can install roms. Another way to get recovery on your phone is to download rom manager after your phone is rooted then flash clockwordmod recovery from there.

ok, im going to try to use the one click app, than i will have her download rom manager and flash clockwordmod recovery and then after that i can install roms currect?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Remember you wont have a sticky recovery until you flash the ROM.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to. Just remember to always backup and wipe everything before installing roms. Good luck!

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
rooted her d1 using the superoneclick root method...... got root finally. downloaded rom manager....tried to flash clockworkmod recovery.....there was an error. So i read that i coud flash sp recovery and reboot and then flask CWM....tried doing the sp recovery... i get an error that says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" Anybody wanna help me here?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You aren't rooted properly.

Do it again with superoneclick or do it with link one in my signature.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
You aren't rooted properly.

Do it again with superoneclick or do it with link one in my signature.

bro, thanks for your help and i would love to use your method....but thats wayyyy over my head. i re-tried doing the superoneclick root and it still isnt working right....i dunno what is going wrong

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help you.

I'm very proficient with the link, but I know next to nothing about SuperOneClick, other than I spend a lot of time helping people who have used it or another one click root that didn't work.

Sorry. GL