Rooting my Bionic??

AmberMarie

Reaction score
Ok its embarrassing just to post this, but i have been reading through posts and people talk about rooting a phone? What does that mean? should i do that or just leave it alone? And are there any other helpful "hacks" i guess you would say that i should try? (:)
<3 Amber Marie

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok its embarrassing just to post this, but i have been reading through posts and people talk about rooting a phone? What does that mean? should i do that or just leave it alone? And are there any other helpful "hacks" i guess you would say that i should try? (:)
<3 Amber Marie

It's simply a hack that gives you access and control over all of the files on your phone including all the Operating System files. Let's you do things like remove/freeze bloatware, install custom roms, themes, etc. All this does of course come with some risks. You can make changes that can have a very adverse effect on your phone. There are however files that can be installed to return your phone to original condition from your computer.

OP
AmberMarie

AmberMarie

Reaction score
thanks

Im new...didnt even know there was a search...thanks it was very helpful..but dang u dont gotta b mean about it..i thought the forums were supposed to be friendly?? Either way the link explained it all..so thank you

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Im new...didnt even know there was a search...thanks it was very helpful..but dang u dont gotta b mean about it..i thought the forums were supposed to be friendly?? Either way the link explained it all..so thank you

Haha sorry if i came off as rude not my intention its just theres so many rooting threads on this forum i joked with the sigh. Also most forums have a search function. So didnt wanna sound ride just saying always use search first :) Welcome to forum, most of us play nice lol.

OP
AmberMarie

AmberMarie

Reaction score
Its fine...i understand it can get annoying...i actually just now found the search option!! I would usually be upset with someone saying that stuff but u made it hard, since u gave such helpful hints...:) haha have a good day/night!! And thanks again!

McGyver777

Reaction score
<3 Amber Marie

No. YOU should not root your phone. Not if you are asking these questions. Read/learn/search/investigate and then and only then with full understanding of risks/rewards then make an informed decision.

OP
AmberMarie

AmberMarie

Reaction score
No. YOU should not root your phone. Not if you are asking these questions. Read/learn/search/investigate and then and only then with full understanding of risks/rewards then make an informed decision.

Yeah, i read the forum about it...and i get what they are saying, but there is no way i wana risk bricking my phone...im pretty content with the way it is! Thank you for being concerned! :)