Rooting and Unrooting

Monkeyinpudding

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new to posting on forums in general.
Also, I wasn't sure if this was solely for verizon droids.
Regardless, here's my question.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, model SGH-1747 on AT&T and I recently rooted it (Several times) and now the flash counter is up to 5 and right now I was wondering if there was a way to reset the flash counter as well as unroot it. I know there's been a lot of work done on the international model, but I can't seem to find anything on my model, and looking at all this I can see that I've bitten off than I can chew for now. (Coming from an iPhone I thought that rooting/jailbreaking would be easier as well as easier to cover up). Thanks for reading, and again I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong area.

tdperry

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new to posting on forums in general.
Also, I wasn't sure if this was solely for verizon droids.
Regardless, here's my question.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, model SGH-1747 on AT&T and I recently rooted it (Several times) and now the flash counter is up to 5 and right now I was wondering if there was a way to reset the flash counter as well as unroot it. I know there's been a lot of work done on the international model, but I can't seem to find anything on my model, and looking at all this I can see that I've bitten off than I can chew for now. (Coming from an iPhone I thought that rooting/jailbreaking would be easier as well as easier to cover up). Thanks for reading, and again I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong area.

Look for Triangle Away in the market. I believe it can reset the counter. Be careful and read the full details as it can brick your phone if not careful.

TAPPED in on my locked bootloader Verizon S3

johnd09

Reaction score
Look in some other forums around for detailed instructions of doing it with triangle away. It takes messing with deep stuff to reset it. So doing it wrong can give you a nice looking paperweight. I wouldn't mess with it until you need to send the phone back for something. Unrooting should be simple as flashing something in Odin.

Edit: Here is an adb method for verizon that the dev believes will work for other variants confirmed on att model. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1781471

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: