S3 Rooting - thinking of buying one

fishacura

Reaction score
Well, my moto droid-3 is just about 2 years old so I can FINALLY enter the world of 4g!!!

I'm thinking of buying the s3. What I liked about the droid-3 was the support I got out here. There was even a 1-click root/unroot for people like me that were pretty technically limited. I even got to the point where I developed some procedures for the board!

Is the s3 support as good? Is there a 1-click root program and guide? Any advice on where to start brushing up? I'd love to see what's available as it may drive my decision on what phone to purchase.

THANKS!

clueless77

Reaction score
Well, my moto droid-3 is just about 2 years old so I can FINALLY enter the world of 4g!!!

I'm thinking of buying the s3. What I liked about the droid-3 was the support I got out here. There was even a 1-click root/unroot for people like me that were pretty technically limited. I even got to the point where I developed some procedures for the board!

Is the s3 support as good? Is there a 1-click root program and guide? Any advice on where to start brushing up? I'd love to see what's available as it may drive my decision on what phone to purchase.

THANKS!
there isnt a one click method per say but its not very difficult, but very different from the D3. you now have unlockable bootloader etc. i personally came from the DX

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
First...THANK YOU so much for responding to my post. I always feel strange when I am starting over as a noob but when I started in the smartphone world I had an unlocked bootloader and bootstrapper/hash of codes etc. were what I needed to know about. I think times have changed just a bit. Is there a good post on either this site or another site with a nice end-to-end procedure on how to get started?

I found this one over at android central but was not sure if it was a "good" one or whether there was another one that many people used:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ck-bootloader-verizon-galaxy-s3-sch-i535.html

It does mention a locked bootloader but you mention an unlocked bootloader so I am so confused and really just looking for an easy guide (if there is such a thing).

Last edited:

clueless77

Reaction score
First...THANK YOU so much for responding to my post. I always feel strange when I am starting over as a noob but when I started in the smartphone world I had an unlocked bootloader and bootstrapper/hash of codes etc. were what I needed to know about. I think times have changed just a bit. Is there a good post on either this site or another site with a nice end-to-end procedure on how to get started?

I found this one over at android central but was not sure if it was a "good" one or whether there was another one that many people used:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii-rooting-roms-hacks/191050-guide-root-unroot-recovery-unlock-bootloader-verizon-galaxy-s3-sch-i535.html

It does mention a locked bootloader but you mention an unlocked bootloader so I am so confused and really just looking for an easy guide (if there is such a thing).

I actually have a few links that I used, I will pm you when I get home. But you can always check RootzWiki and XDA. Lots of info. You are on Verizon correct?

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
YEs I am on Verizon and again thanks for your help. Just terrified of bricking it when I get it. I was terrified with my current phone also but that seemed easier and it seemed like there were better procedures out there and one-click options and the like. I got it done and flashed some roms but it took a lot of studying so I'm trying to study up. The help is certainly appreciated!

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
I haver considered rooting my S3 until Verizon gave the big stiffie and not let us have Premium Suite with the JB 4.2.1 upgrade. Now I'm interested and would like to learn more. Can you also PM the links to me as well?

randizzard

Reaction score
So I've also just moved back to the android world from ios, and believe me I have missed this. Just recently updated to 4.1.2 and I have been hunting for a reliable root process. I've tried a few and no such luck. I've really been searching this forum and others and can't find anything. Can you please pm me a link with the process I would forever be in your debt