rooted

bfoster

Reaction score
I was rooted and factory reset my phone while on root the bloatware dissapeared. Will I get the ota ics update, cause those apps are no longer there. Don't remember when phone was reset. Re rooted today.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I moved your thread to the Bionic section so you can get a little more traffic hopefully. Also, I am a little confused, do you mean you factory reset while the bloatware was already gone or when you did the reset the bloatware disappeared?

OP
bfoster

bfoster

Reaction score
After the factory reset is when the bloatware dissapeared.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That is very strange, it should not have deleted anything in system which is where bloat typically is located. Are you sure it deleted bloat and not just some things you had downloaded or possibly someone else downloaded? If it did really delete bloat then you will need to get back to stock somehow but I am not familiar with the Bionic and how to do this so someone else will have to step in.

deduct

Reaction score
Couldn't you just download the apps you are now missing from the play store? Sometimes when I flash a rom, some of the bloat is gone. But I still see it as download in play store.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That wouldn't actually work necessarily. When you download something from the Play Store it installs it into the /data partition, they actually need to be in the /system partition for the update to work properly.

deduct

Reaction score
Oh okay. Thanks . Good to know. I have never frozen or removed bloat.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks for jumping in and helping eye_dea!