Rooted X questions

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Ok i was able to fine the root manager program i downloaded earlier...No i have to move the .apk file into the sd card right

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Like I said above, try:
Code:
cp /sdcard/*.apk /system/app/

You were probably not in the /sdcard/ directory.

i tried this cp /sdcard/*.apk /system/app/ and same error "no such file or directory

Did you ever copy the .apks to the sdcard?

EDIT:
Ok i was able to fine the root manager program i downloaded earlier...No i have to move the .apk file into the sd card right

You said ".apk file"; there should be more than one .apk file on your sdcard, IF you did copy them to your sdcard. Judging by the error you got above, you did not.

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score

mkthnx001

Reaction score
OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Did you ever copy the .apks to the sdcard?

I copied all of the .apk files from systemap.zip to my sd card...

Than I don't see what the problem is; try the "Root Explorer" method. If that does not work, do the following in adb:
Code:
ls /sdcard/

Than copy and paste the output here.

there are over 100 files, going through the file manager and installing right now...ill update when im done

mkthnx001

Reaction score
I copied all of the .apk files from systemap.zip to my sd card...

Than I don't see what the problem is; try the "Root Explorer" method. If that does not work, do the following in adb:
Code:
ls /sdcard/

there are over 100 files, going through the file manager and installing right now...ill update when im done

Okay, but make sure you copy them to /system/app/ first. I don't even think you need to click on the .apk and select "install" once they're moved to /system/app/; than again, not sure. Make sure you edit the permissions!

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Code:
ls /sdcard/

Okay, but make sure you copy them to /system/app/ first. I don't even think you need to click on the .apk and select "install" once they're moved to /system/app/; than again, not sure. Make sure you edit the permissions!

It looks like everything is going good so far just installing the files. Just wondering, after all of this is completed can the phone be wiped at all just in case i decided to give it to someone else down the road

mkthnx001

Reaction score

It looks like everything is going good so far just installing the files. Just wondering, after all of this is completed can the phone be wiped at all just in case i decided to give it to someone else down the road

Define "wipe". Factory reset? Unroot?

bigd73

Reaction score
I just dont want to have re re-do everything

I think what happened was that a required app for Moto Blur was deleted and that's why it wasn't showing the launcher and apps. I don't actually think all the apps were deleted. When you rebooted the phone and reset it to factory settings, it couldn't find the required app and therefore was unable to load the launcher.