Rooted X questions

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Hello, i had a friend root my x and it some how wiped itself this morning. i was able to activat the phone but when it boots up there are no applications on the device

Could anyone please help

mkthnx001

Reaction score
I don't quite understand, as you're leaving out a lot of detail.

Your applications are gone? Try reinstalling them.

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Im sorry, I have my my phone rooted and it wiped itself this morning, when i turn it on there are no applications on it. Im new to this and not really sure what i would need to do to restore the device with all the applications. I know this might be asking alot but could someone possibly provide me step by step instructions on reloading the os and applications

I would be forever greatfull

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Go under settings, than privacy, and finally select "Factory Data Reset".

You can also do this:

1. Power down your device.
2. Hold down the "home" button while powering your device back on.
3. When an image displaying an exclamation mark, etc. appears, press the "search" button.
4. Use the volume keys to scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset". Select this option using the camera button.
5. After this is done, reboot your phone.

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Ive done the hard reset and it boots up to the setup wizard. After i complete that it loads black background. It has the time at the top with 3g and signal on the notification bar but no icons in the menu

mkthnx001

Reaction score
You're going to have to ask your friend what he did while he was "rooting" your device.
My guess is that you or him messed with some files you shouldn't have.

You can always try getting a copy of someone's /system/ files than copying it to your device.

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
I think i might of accidently wiped it myself but im not sure, is there a way to download the OS for the phone again and load it from the media card?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
You can try downloading the recent OTA update from somewhere, and than applying it as in update.zip through recovery. (not sure on this)

Anything more to restore it would require the bootloader being cracked. (flashing roms, etc.)

bigd73

Reaction score
I've got your solution right here. This should get all of your apps back, but your going to have to use a PC and install ADB on it first. Go to this page and read the OP's post. At the bottom of his post he says
Did you delete something?
You can download all of the apks from /system/app here:

Next you follow his instructions under "The Free Way" and you should be good to go for copying all of the apps back over to the /system/app folder. Feel free to come back here with questions.:icon_wink:

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
You can try downloading the recent OTA update from somewhere, and than applying it as in update.zip through recovery. (not sure on this)

Anything more to restore it would require the bootloader being cracked. (flashing roms, etc.)

Any suggestions on where to download this OTA update? Or a way to push apps