Rooted X questions

mkthnx001

Reaction score
You're most likely not going to find it anywhere, as everyone just had to "check for updates" on their phone; there was probably no "grabbing the update file from the sdcard".

To push apps to your device, just open adb and do the following:
Code:
adb push <file>.apk /system/app/<file>.apk

Or you can put all of the downloaded apps in a folder and do the following:
1. cd into the folder where the .apks are.
Code:
adb push *.apk /system/app/

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
I've got your solution right here. This should get all of your apps back, but your going to have to use a PC and install ADB on it first. Go to this page and read the OP's post. At the bottom of his post he says
Did you delete something?
You can download all of the apks from /system/app here:

Next you follow his instructions under "The Free Way" and you should be good to go for copying all of the apps back over to the /system/app folder. Feel free to come back here with questions.:icon_wink:

Thank you! bigd73...im sorry for asking really dumb questions but i just dont want to mess anything up worse than im at now. Are there instructions to do all of this

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Cool, i read through everything and im very confused. I know this is asking alot but im wondering if someone can put this into dumb terms that i might be able to understand...im new to this stuff but really want to learn.

Im reading this and it says to take the move the apk files into a specific folder on the phone my plugging it in and going into mass storage mode. I looked and i do not have the folder its asking for...

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
It came up with Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.26 with a whole bunch of stuff below, just not sure what option to chose or where to go from there

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Review the post I made earlier:

To push apps to your device, just open adb and do the following:
Code:
adb push <file>.apk /system/app/<file>.apk

Or you can put all of the downloaded apps in a folder and do the following:
1. cd into the folder where the .apks are.
Code:
adb push *.apk /system/app/

OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
I just noticed if i press and hold on the home key on the phone i get a menu that has Text messaging , com.motorola.ho, battery manager

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Try:
Code:
adb kill-server

Than, try again.

EDIT:
I just noticed if i press and hold on the home key on the phone i get a menu that has Text messaging , com.motorola.ho, battery manager

That just shows your most recent open applications. Just a feature of Android.