Rooted X can't remove RUBIX

xXBulletsXx

Reaction score
Hey all. I did some searching but wasn't coming up with the answer to my problem. If there's a thread already I apologize, supply me with the link and I'll read.

Otherwise here's a problem I'm having and I'm looking for input.

I rooted my DX and installed titanium backup, rom manager, clockwork, and I think one other back up app. None have been visible since I installed the Rubix rom. In fact, I can't even load a different rom because some how Rubix continues to override it and boot up.
I've tried resetting the phone and doing a complete wipe. I lost everything except Rubix. I've tried reloading titanium backup and trying to use a backup to go back to stock rom but it also did not work. I've also tried using rommanager reboot into recovery, and flash clockwork.

I'm really lost and for some reason my rubix rom is really unstable. It at times won't respond, other times it won't let me answer a call, sometimes it acts like its not connected to a call when it is but I can't hang up or talk but people can hear me. I have to reboot it daily in an attempt to keep it running properly. I just want to go back to a stock rooted rom. Any suggestions how I do this?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Sounds like an sbf is in order to take the phone back to complete stock shape. That seems like the next best thing to do.

OP
X

xXBulletsXx

Reaction score
Sounds like an sbf is in order to take the phone back to complete stock shape. That seems like the next best thing to do.

What's an sbf? any step by step instructions on how to do it? Oh and what should I do before I perform it to save anything I want to keep?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

SBF means flashing the phone to it's out of the box state. It's what motorola does when programing the phone.

That thread will tell you everything you need to know and give you links to all the files/programs. It is scary at first but a very simple process.

As for apps and things like that, Mybackup Root (free in the market) is a good backup program for all that as well. Almost everything else is backed up by your gmail account. When you reactivate the phone after the sbf flash most things will automatically start to sync back up with the phone.