Help

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Hi, tried my first ROM today.. The new Rubix and I got myself in to a boot loop. I realized that I didnt do this step Wipe data/factory reset. I then read how to boot into recovery and did the reset. When the phone booted up it was now running Rubix. The problem is what do I do now? How do I get to my old info? I did the bootstrapper back up and did the titanium pro back up etc. I guess at this point, I'd like to just get the hell back to the back up I did just before I tried the ROM. Or, if this is normal and I can just continue on and restore everything... let me know! Thanks

How to install:
Download
Place on SDCard
Bootstrap Recovery via Bootstrap App
Reboot to Clockwork Mod Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Select install from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
select rubiXFocused1.9.7.zip
Select yes
Reboot
Enjoy!

jellybean420

Reaction score
Hi, tried my first ROM today.. The new Rubix and I got myself in to a boot loop. I realized that I didnt do this step Wipe data/factory reset. I then read how to boot into recovery and did the reset. When the phone booted up it was now running Rubix. The problem is what do I do now? How do I get to my old info? I did the bootstrapper back up and did the titanium pro back up etc. I guess at this point, I'd like to just get the hell back to the back up I did just before I tried the ROM. Or, if this is normal and I can just continue on and restore everything... let me know! Thanks

How to install:
Download
Place on SDCard
Bootstrap Recovery via Bootstrap App
Reboot to Clockwork Mod Recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Select install from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
select rubiXFocused1.9.7.zip
Select yes
Reboot
Enjoy!

If you did a backup your good to go. Although if it booted, redoing it and wiping data and cache will still wipe out everything. But anyways run the bootstrap, select bootstrap recovery and then reboot into recovery. Once you get into the black screen with green writing go down to backup/restore and then restore. Find the name of the backup select it, let it run, then reboot. If it doesn't say reboot when your done just hit the power button once.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I do still see my back up file! Do I just need to redownload bootstrapper from the market

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Yes.. titanium should re-download your apps. If it isn't just re-install bootstrapper and get to your backup. I would wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache to be safe prior to restoring it but you don't necessarily have to..

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, its normal for all your contacts/apps to be erased when you wipe data/cache. Just restore using Titanium Pro and syncing contacts again.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yes.. titanium should re-download your apps. If it isn't just re-install bootstrapper and get to your backup. I would wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache to be safe prior to restoring it but you don't necessarily have to..

So if I do the wipe again I should still have my backup in the clockwork folder? Would I loose anything at all? Thanks again!

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Just to I'm clear, in bootstrap, do the wipe date/factory reset and then the wipe cache partition and then restore?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Before you start to worry. It will take a little bit of time to restore it. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT pull the battery or try and turn the phone off! You will be done in about 6 minutes.. If you pull the battery it will be bad news. .

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Whew! I'm back!! That is slick! Thanks tons again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_ banana:

jsw6380a

Reaction score
You should be getting close to being done.. Everything working out ok?

OP
tgyberg

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wow, everything is as it was to the letter! Love it! Now I'm going to wait a bit before trying anything again. At least until my palms stop sweating and heart stops pounding!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Wow, everything is as it was to the letter! Love it! Now I'm going to wait a bit before trying anything again. At least until my palms stop sweating and heart stops pounding!

Hahahaha.... As long as you have that backup you will be fine... And yes it is a carbon copy of when you did it EXACTLY.