rooted with droidmod

awacker89

Reaction score
Welcome to being rooted! You like me took the easy way out with droidmod... which can have its drawbacks...

For example, i'm jsut running droidmod 1.0, which has everything i want personally, but taking this easy way out has left me myself a little confused on how to load custom roms. Some us Nandroid backup folder to load, some you use the update.zip method, and thats got me all baffled.

I would be at an ESE53 build right now just for kicks if i wasn't still a little confused on how to do so and keep my data/apps. Custom ROMs are definitely easiest done if you REALLY know what your doing... I've been reading the hacks section literally ALL DAY today trying to make myself comfortable with moving to a new ROM...

So in conclusion, what I suggest for you for the time being is to install the DM 1.0 provided until you're really comfortable with what's going on on your phone. It works well, provides lots of 2.1 features, and, just like the rooting itself with DM, its super easy to do.

Then of course, go ahead and over clock that bad boy! :icon_ banana:

awacker89

Reaction score
when choosing your device hit autodetect.

take some time to set profiles. I'm running mine at 1ghz (1000mhz), leave the battery heat profile at default (550mhz), and i have a low battery profile at 800mhz at <30%

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OK, go do some reading. All of these answers are available. Do a search for setcpu. You didn't follow when people said put a custom rom on i guess, cause you havent mentioned it. Now youa re just wasting peoples time and the websites bandwith.

Do some research and load a rom...ask questions after that. There is a whole section on roms here int he great forum.

gruve

Reaction score
Search the forum or look on youtube. There are videos that give you step by step instructions to root and install roms. Very detailed, you basicly follow what they're doing in the video, pretty much idiot proof. That's how I rooted, loaded my roms and over clocked.

choklitcow

Reaction score
There is a great thread on setcup in our blackdroid forums to help you there.

Marketplace apps such as astro can back up your apps.
Droidmod has SPrecoverly included, which you can use to back up your data, and with sprecovery it is quite easy to return to your current state if you do not enjoy your updated roms.