dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do a factory reset on the other one btw. Swap SD cards, sign in to Gmail and you should be good. All of your paid apps will DEF show up and the free ones SHOULD...I'd write them down just in case you have to dl'd them again though. When you sign in, let the phone sit for a bit and do its thing. And you know we're here 24/7 should you need any help! :)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Thanks. !!much apprecitaed. If I go through my applications and save the ones I want to sd ill have them on my sd card already when I put it into the new phone? AND FActory reset unroots the phone? Sorry for soo many questions

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You'll need to unroot it then do the reset. Hmmm...the apps on SD might work but I'm not 100%, never tried it.

Thanks. !!much apprecitaed. If I go through my applications and save the ones I want to sd ill have them on my sd card already when I put it into the new phone? AND FActory reset unroots the phone? Sorry for soo many questions

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
You'll need to unroot it then do the reset. Hmmm...the apps on SD might work but I'm not 100%, never tried it.

DroidForums junkie!!

Hah!! I stumped you! J/k

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
BTW. If possible should I get droidX or get d2. Don't care much for physical keyboard

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You realize if you get the get one free on the "dummy" number, you're going to be paying $9.99 for that line, that comes out to $120 per year (before taxes). And, make sure after you activate the D2 on that dummy line you put on a non-smart phone and block everything from text messaging to national access blocks to prevent any data charges. I'm not so sure this was fully explained to you at the store. The sales rep is thinking commission at your expense.

He said he would waive one of the 9.99 charges so it would be free. But cancel the number within two years

I missed that part, but I'm not sure in NetAce how they can waive that $9.99 charge, but I guess things have changed since I left VZW.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Then of course I'm gonna need your help rooting which ever phone I get :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Recurring OCC credit. I doubt the manager would approve THAT though!

You realize if you get the get one free on the "dummy" number, you're going to be paying $9.99 for that line, that comes out to $120 per year (before taxes). And, make sure after you activate the D2 on that dummy line you put on a non-smart phone and block everything from text messaging to national access blocks to prevent any data charges. I'm not so sure this was fully explained to you at the store. The sales rep is thinking commission at your expense.

He said he would waive one of the 9.99 charges so it would be free. But cancel the number within two years

I missed that part, but I'm not sure in NetAce how they can waive that $9.99 charge, but I guess things have changed since I left VZW.

DroidForums junkie!!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

DroidForums junkie!!
I doubt it too! The original poster better be careful before signing anything. I'm wondering if he's using a premium retailer vs. a corporate VZW store. In that case, it could be worse!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd be glad to help buddy! Both the X and the D2 are great phones so you can't really go wrong either way! Test drive both and see which you like best!

Then of course I'm gonna need your help rooting which ever phone I get :)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Its a corporate store. I recently upgraded to unlimited family plan and was lookng for a cheapish phone for youngest son . I inquired about advertising saying if you purchase a d2 get one free. But I don't have annly numbers available for upgrades. Hence the dummy #........should I not do this now. Kind of worried now

ITS A VERIZON corporate store. Now I'm having doubt y'all are. Scaring me! Stop! See I went in to ask about a decent phone for my youngest son that can surf internet and text and stuff because I upgraded plans to unlimited data text for the family. And his current phone is beat up. I told him I have seen promotions that I&you purchase a droid 2 you get another free. Here is where I was told that since I had no lines up for upgrade he could create a dummy # ....,.I dunno does it sound wrong?

DroidForums junkie!!
I doubt it too! The original poster better be careful before signing anything. I'm wondering if he's using a premium retailer vs. a corporate VZW store. In that case, it could be worse!

ITS A VERIZON corporate store. Now I'm having doubt y'all are. Scaring me! Stop! See I went in to ask about a decent phone for my youngest son that can surf internet and text and stuff because I upgraded plans to unlimited data text for the family. And his current phone is beat up. I told him I have seen promotions that I&you purchase a droid 2 you get another free. Here is where I was told that since I had no lines up for upgrade he could create a dummy # ....,.I dunno does it sound wrong?

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think your rep was confused on the smartphones talk free promotion...might have been new. Still, $9.99 isn't much ($2.50/wk).

DroidForums junkie!!