1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root noob :P

Discussion in 'Apex' started by GRAW, Jan 18, 2011.

1. GRAW

GRAW New Member

So, I've got a Droid 2 and I've gotten tired of Blur (like everyone else with a Moto phone) and I want to root, more specificly, to ApeX. I've looked around and ApeX looks the best to me and what I want a ROM to look like and do. So, anyways, I know that most people here have rooted their phones and enjoying their ROMs, but I have no clue as to go about doing this, I've got ApeX DL'd but, lol, I don't know where to start. So, I am asking anyone willing to help out a noob get himself started in the world of root. I'm looking for some easy to follow inastructions, wether done by you or a link to some. So, thanks for your time and I hope you can help me out.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Hello. :welcome: to the Forum. Start by looking in the Droid 2 Hacks stickies for instructions to learn how to root. There are easy to follow instructions there.

Asking how to install a ROM before you learn how to root is putting the cart before the horse,
  3. trentreed

trentreed New Member

Google z4root download and install
    go to market get droid 2 bootstrap
    Run z4root you will probably have to reboot your phone
    Once after you install
    let me know once go finish this and ill walk you thru install
  4. GRAW

GRAW New Member

Too late, I rooted and rom'd months ago. I had no idea what I was doing at this point :p