Roms!!

11bravo

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this. Can anyone tell me how to get a start on installing a rom on my droid x 2.2? Its rooted already. Am I gona need a computer or is it possible by just using terminal emulator?

AlexGinsberg

Reaction score
download ROM Manager from the Market. open the application and go to “Download ROM”. select a rom, download and install. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE YOU INSTALL. Most roms will recommend wiping cache and data for a clean install.

A lof of us are running Rubix Focused .5 or 1.0 from Drod, there’s a lot of threads about this.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have SPR you can use the update.zip method. You download the rom move to your phone and install. Very simple and rather safe, in my opinion.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having Bootstrap Recovery is a good idea. Gotta have your original setup backed up for future use or if things go bad. ROM Manager worked great for me a couple times. But I also tried things on my own as mwhartman explained. Nice to know how things work.

Read instructions for each ROM, for they are not always the same. And always make a backup of current before diving in.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
What is SPR?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SPRecovery, full name is Sir Psychos Recovery. It's another recovery image.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Do I get that from the market? Would u please explain how I can use rom manager?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do I get that from the market? Would u please explain how I can use rom manager?

SPR is not in the Market. If you have RM, open the app and scroll down and tap flash alternate recovery. That will install SPR.

You access SPR by booting into recovery (X and power). You can make and restore backups, install roms, themes, and kernels.

SPR is very stable and reliable.

Mike

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
So what are kernels? Sorry I just started learning about all this about 2 weeks ago. Thanks.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Wow.. hey when I go into rom manager I can't click on "flash alternate recovery"

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it grayed out? I wonder if you may already have SPR installed as your primary recovery. Look on your SD card. If you have a folder named recovery-0.99.3 and nandroid.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Having Bootstrap Recovery is a good idea. Gotta have your original setup backed up for future use or if things go bad. ROM Manager worked great for me a couple times. But I also tried things on my own as mwhartman explained. Nice to know how things work.

Read instructions for each ROM, for they are not always the same. And always make a backup of current before diving in.

I have bootstrapper for the DX...if I install the apex rom now, And when the new UDX from ultimate droid drops do I just flash the back to stock zip from 928Droid? which I also use his DeOdexEERR to deodex my phone

BdROIDX99

Reaction score
Wow.. hey when I go into rom manager I can't click on "flash alternate recovery"

Might be an advanced feature in the paid version