ROMS and Pandora

ergon

Reaction score
Is there a ROM that works with the Pandora Update? I'm running FlyX and it doesn't. Force close EVERY time. After contacting Pandora I was advised by them that "We do not support Pandora on rooted or modded phones, unofficial OS releases, or custom ROMs."

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am running ShadowROM and Pandora works perfect...

jloya

Reaction score
I am running ShadowROM and Pandora works perfect...

I dont believe shadow ROM is compatible with the DroidX, atleast not yet.

I to am running FlyX and after installing the new pandora update I just get a force close

Im hoping birdman can fix this?

OP
E

ergon

Reaction score
I just hope someone will tell him soon!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jloya

Reaction score
I just hope someone will tell him soon!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

in the meantime im using slacker radio

you might wanna give that a try, not quite pandora but hey its music for now

OP
E

ergon

Reaction score
I just loaded Tranquility 2.3.3 over FlyX but still nothing, Pandora. Still nothing doing. Now Bootstrap won't boot into recovery. It's not showing in SU any more. I deleted it and downloaded it again from the Market. Shows as installed but still won't "Reboot Recovery".

Last edited:

jloya

Reaction score

only issue with the older vesion of pandora is that if your using the nav and it chimes in to give you some direction pandora will stop and you will manually have to hit play, this isnt a big deal if your in a car but if you ride a motorcycle then reaching into your jacket pocket and trying to hit play with gloves on while riding is a little difficult

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I was running flyx for a few weeks and the only problem that I ran into was when anything chimed in, like the previous poster stated, it would stop the music. I had never encountered a FC. I went from stock 2.1, rooted, leak 2.2, flyx, and now rubiX. The recent update did fix the pause issue. Did you remove any bloat manually?

OP
E

ergon

Reaction score
I was running flyx for a few weeks and the only problem that I ran into was when anything chimed in, like the previous poster stated, it would stop the music. I had never encountered a FC. I went from stock 2.1, rooted, leak 2.2, flyx, and now rubiX. The recent update did fix the pause issue. Did you remove any bloat manually?

2.2 OTA Stock now. I did the same as you except I put Tranquility 2.3.5rc over the FlyX. Almost all of my root apps. went force close after that. Now I'm looking for a easy root for the OTA 2.2.

jloya

Reaction score
I downloaded the new tranquility.....Pandora is running awesome and the ROM is much better IMO

Droid74

Reaction score
Pandora works fine on Rubix Blurry as well...dont expect pandora to work on FlyX. It has been an issue since there last release and as it appears Birdman has flown the coupe dont expect a fix either