FlyX + Pandora = force closing?

jloya

Reaction score
Hey,

So i dont know if this is a unique situation within my device or if any others are experiencing this as well

I am currently running the FlyX rom and after the Pandora update today when i attempt to run Pandora it force closes

I have restarted the device as well as uninstall / reinstall the app with no luck

any idea?

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
update - so I ran a recovery of my previous set up - which included the flyx rom, NO revolution theme

I had pandora 1.4 installed and it opened no problem

upgraded to 1.5 and had the same force close issue

Last edited:
OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
anyone have an idea on how I can contact birdman to see if he can confirm this issue?

ergon

Reaction score
Glad I found this cause I'm having the exact same problem. I'm just hoping someone comes up with a fix. I did get an email from "Pandora" : "Note: We do not support Pandora on rooted or modded phones, unofficial OS releases, or custom ROMs. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and won't cause any problems with functions of the device." I didn't tell them I was running rooted and they didn't tell me anything that I hadn't already tried.

Reaction score
I am also running FlyX with the same problems. First it started with an unexpected difficulties message. Then when I updated it just force closes.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
well atleast I feel a bit better knowing that the issue is with FlyX and not my phone

I had a flashed a recovery right before updating so I just switched back to that which had pandora 1.4 but I would really rather have the new version

hopefully birdman can update this, still looking into how i can contact him??

jbeck22

Reaction score
I too am having this problem. Can someone please post a link to the 1.4 apk file? I had NO problems with the combo of FlyX and Pandora 1.4 before Pandora updated.

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
I too am having this problem. Can someone please post a link to the 1.4 apk file? I had NO problems with the combo of FlyX and Pandora 1.4 before Pandora updated.

i have no problem postin it for you (atleast I believe thats ok? maybe a mod can let me know?)

do you kno which folder the .apk file is in?

- This biggest thing for me is the 1.5 fixes the issue of pandora staying paused after a the nav gives you a voice prompt, this is huge for me as I usually ride m ymotorcycle with pandora playing so if nav chimes in by by music until i hit a stop light

sethmo

Reaction score
I was having the same issue with Sapphire ROM and Pandora 1.5. I installed Pandora 1.4.1 from the link above and it is now working again. Thanks!

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
for those of you who dont mind switchin ROMS I downloaded Tranquility and pandora 1.5 works just fine :)

I also am starting to take a bigger liking to this ROM over FlyX