Roms and kernels

drakerocksu

Reaction score
I was just wanting to know how to install a Rom I was thinking of installing the maui or something like that Rom and then if I have a Rom should I get a kernel with it or just get a Rom and wat does a high voltage mean does that mean it makes kernel faster and drain more battery or what please help if you can thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
D

drakerocksu

Reaction score
Thanks for quick help Nah just kidding

jr313

Reaction score
First things first...are you rooted?

jr313

Reaction score
well if you have rommanager there are roms on there u just download and install...or u can dowload the rom of your choice put it on the root of your sdcard (no folders) go into recovery select install rom from sdcard and enjoy...make sure to wipe data and cache to ensure a clean install...also bfore anything!!! MAKE A BACK UP of your current set up to have a stable restore point

G

Grimster

Why are you installing a third party ROM? All third party ROMs have stability issues and bugs. They are created by people who are not Devs for a living. There is nothing useful you can do with a third party ROM that you cant do with the stock ROM. If you're going to do anything just root and remove bloatware from the stock ROM. Dont even think about any of these unstable bug ridden ROMs.

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
Why are you installing a third party ROM? All third party ROMs have stability issues and bugs. They are created by people who are not Devs for a living. There is nothing useful you can do with a third party ROM that you cant do with the stock ROM. If you're going to do anything just root and remove bloatware from the stock ROM. Dont even think about any of these unstable bug ridden ROMs.

I disagree, one of the best perks of being rooted is trying roms, and a lot of them rock! Yes some have bugs, but they are usually not buggy enough not to use...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jr313

Reaction score
I dont know about you but i rooted my phone to customize it...and for the ability to run vanilla android the way it was meant to be...and these roms give u different flavors to try out they each have their own spin on "stock ROM"...and without these devs that do cook up the roms we probably wouldnt get some of the upgraded OS depending on the phone you have, they give us the ability to experiance the goodies for yourself...wether you want to use them or not is totally up to you...

G

Grimster

Again, there is nothing useful you can do with a third party ROM that you cant do with the stock rom. This is a fact. All that you will be getting with third party ROM is instability and bugs. Take note...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you'll find all sorts of opinions, but personally i am addicted to flashing roms. we have some phenomenal developers on here who have given us some amazing roms, with some great features. you will see it repeated on here time and time again - every rom runs differently on each individual phone. if you're rooted, why not try them out, and find if one isn't right for you?! if you don't find one that you like, you can always just stick with stock. choices - that's the beauty of being rooted!!

to flash a rom, here is the method i follow, and it has worked countless times. as an aside, i always recommend dl'ing a rom thru your pc, and then putting it on your sdcard, as opposed to using Rom Mgr. in my experience (and many others on here), RM can be a little glitchy. it has some great uses, but installing a completely new OS is something that needs to go glitch-free:

1. backup your apps with TiBu (or thru Astro)
2. create a backup/nandroid of your current rom (so you have something to fall back on if you experience any serious problems flashing a new rom)
3. boot into recovery
4. wipe data/factory reset
5. wipe cache
6. go into partitions menu, and format boot and format system

7. install rom zip from sdcard
8. reboot
IMPORTANT - after you sign into Google, and it syncs your phone, don't touch your phone until the market completely downloads all your apps!
9. boot into recovery
10. flash theme (if you desire something other than stock)
11. reboot
12. boot into recovery
13. flash kernel
14. reboot
15. enjoy!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Complete step-by-step tutorial with pics can be found in my signature, though huskerkate summed it up very well!

J

jdkoreclipse

Linux,mac, or windoes?

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk