rom problem

smithj156

Reaction score
so i rooted my htc eris last night to get the wifi for a road trip comeing up. so i got brave and downloaded a rom its called kaosfroyo-v39 and it installed fine i thought. i rebooted and its been loading for a long time is this normal.. its like its stuck on the android screen please help me

tklajl33

Reaction score
That same thing happened to me. It is normal though, it took about 10-12 hours for mine to set up.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

OP
S

smithj156

Reaction score
dang that long guess i better plug it in over night lol is it worth im new to all this

OP
S

smithj156

Reaction score
should i try takeing to battery out and restarting or would that mess it up

tklajl33

Reaction score
Ha yeah I did it over night and when it still wasn't done I pulled the battery out, turned it on again and it started in about a minute

tklajl33

Reaction score
And I'm new too I just did it two days ago Haha

OP
S

smithj156

Reaction score
thanks bro i was scared that i fubared my phone i was going to be mad to i got to redo all my contacts and all right i saved all that to my pc will i be able to upload them so i dont have to manualy enter them

Threeball

Reaction score
thanks bro i was scared that i fubared my phone i was going to be mad to i got to redo all my contacts and all right i saved all that to my pc will i be able to upload them so i dont have to manualy enter them

Taking hours is not normal. If it doesn't load up within about 20 minutes you're in a bootloop. Do a battery pull, boot into recovery, rewipe the dalvik and data (its a good idea to wipe multiple times just to be sure), reflash the rom, reboot.

In the future, make sure you do a nandroid backup before you flash anything. Every time. The day will come when u do fubar your phone. Then you just restore and everything is good to go. Nandroid is your friend.

As far as ur contacts go, hopefully you made them "google" contacts. If so, they'll all resync automatically when you sign in the first time. If not, you'll have to restore them manually, either from a backup or re-entering.

OP
S

smithj156

Reaction score
thank u so much redid it this morning now its working only thing is gps is not working and the battery dies real quick know any fixes for that any input will help sence im so new to this also i haver verizon if i use the wifi teher will it charge me i have unlimted data

Threeball

Reaction score
thank u so much redid it this morning now its working only thing is gps is not working and the battery dies real quick know any fixes for that any input will help sence im so new to this also i haver verizon if i use the wifi teher will it charge me i have unlimted data

Gps can be buggy w custom roms. It should work tho. U can try reflashing or try another rom. CELB is very good. The battery thing is a known issue w this version of kf. Find the new cfs v9 kernel by conap. U should probly do battery calibration if u flash a new kernel. Wifi tethering is totally cool as long as u don't get crazy. Verizon will never suspect unless u exceed 10gb.

Word to the wise: start reading the threads of the stuff u use over at xda. That's where the good info is.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo using DroidForums App

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score

haha first off the person who let there phone just sit there for 10 hours is crazy lol, all he could have done is just popped the battery and start it again haha that makes me laugh

ANYWAYS!!!! The GPS does NOT work on v39 and as far as i know never really has. Use v37 thats what i have and the GPS works amazing