Feeling stupid but need help

Threeball

Reaction score
I've been reading here for awhile but I'm a first-time poster. I've looked for answers but not finding anything specific. I apologize up front for sounding dumb. I'm trying to install kaosfroyo onto my Eris. I thought I was up for this as I installed the leaked 2.1 onto my phone months ago with perfect success. I have a new phone now so everything was stock. I rooted it using the phone-only method. I'm fairly certain that was successful as a had the ninja icon in the apps drawer. I then put the kaosfroyo rom onto the sdcard, powered down the phone and powered back up into recovery. I did a wipe dalvik, flash zip, chose the kaosfroyo rom, installed succerssfully, then rebooted. I get the skateboard screen, then a a new Android screen with a metallic blue "android" on the screen. It stays there forever. I've waited for 30 minutes, 3 times. What do I need to do?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, you should have. Can't stress that enough. Easiest solution is to try to flash a different rom and see if you can get it up and running. Then, make a nandriod of a working system, and try to flash kaos again. I've seen a couple threads with people having issues getting kaos to boot.

OP
Threeball

Threeball

Reaction score
So, I flashed CELB Froyo and tried the same steps. Same result. Then I went to try Evil Eris. I noticed in the instructions that it said to do a Wipe/Factory Reset. On a whim, I tried that, rebooted, and CELB Froyo loaded up. I went back, did a Wipe - Dalvik, and a Wipe/Factory Reset, installed kaosfroyo, rebooted, and VIOLA!

I don't remember seeing that step, but it worked out.

Thanks BD for trying to help. It's much appreciated.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem... For future reference, always wipe/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. It ensures your phone is "clean" before you start. My wife only recently let me flash her eris, and she wouldnt let me install anything other than planejanet, so I didnt realize it wasnt in the instructions. Sorry I couldnt have helped you quicker.

PS: make a nandriod!!! :icon_ banana: