Best (most stable) ROM?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My mother-in-law asked me to make her phone faster like I did for my brother-in-law, meaning root, a ROM and an overclock if its possible on the Eris. According to the Sticky, these are the Froyo ROMs available for the Eris:
Cyanogen Tazz-By tazzpatriot

Nonsensikal-By listyb01

KaosFroyo-By punk.kaos

Buufed-By tazzpatriot

CELB Froyo-By Conap

What is the best rom in terms of stability and speed without an overclock. I noticed Buffed is overclocked already so it is possible, but I want a stable one for her so she doesn't call me every other day because the phone is acting up.

jshep330

Reaction score
ive ran nothing but kaos froyo and love them i think im running the 10.1 right now

projektorboy

Reaction score
I've rooted 3 Eris's, all are running KaosFroyo v38 with the CFSv6 Kernel and all are running as happily as can be. It's so nice seeing new life being breathed into a slightly older phone. They can even play Angry Birds!

Jolest

Reaction score
If you're looking for stability, you might want to stick with an Eclair (2.1) ROM. All of the Froyo ROMs I've checked out have had one problem or the other running on the Eris.

I've had good luck with xtrSense 4.6. It's Android 2.1, includes HTC Sense, has app2sd support, and has conservative overclocking + battery enhancements enabled by default.

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Thanks guys, I'm not putting too much work into doing this as it isn't even my phone, but at the same time, I don't like to see a fellow Droid phone get neglected.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
John, I just flashed the Dual boot ROM to my wifes phone, and other than cranking the CPU up to 845 Mhz and having to do a battery pull, its nice so far. Only problems Im having so far are, the Weather (gps) on Beautiful widgets isnt working, and MyBackUp Por wont restore my apps on the FroYo side. The market wouldnt restore, but Ive never had good luck with that. The 2.1 side is flawless.
PS: Even the camera works. Im going to post over on XDA and see if they can help on the other 2 problems.