[ROM] CM9 for the Droid2Global!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[h=2][ROM] CM9 for the Droid2Global![/h]

Droid 2 Global users! Now that the Droid 4 has been released a lot of folks have all but forgotten about the mighty predecessor phones that have been EndOfLifed long ago, but they are still living today in the hands of many an ebayer, craigslister, or any person that loves their phone so much that they aren't willing to just let it go because some newer, flashier, sexier phone comes around. It's because of Developers like "13thAngel" That these great devices die hard! Announcing CyanogenMod9 Beta for the Droid 2 Global!!

Now don't let the BETA in the title scare you! This Rom is very much stable and is nearly complete! This Rom is built on 4.0.3 ICS and it has all the awesome features of ICS like the new lockscreen, ICS theming, The ICS notification pulldown, ICS icons, and lots more. What is working on this Rom includes CDMA radio, speakerphone, sms, mms, gps, data usage monitor, wifi, sensors, audio, dsp manager, google talk, sdcard, voice input, charging, usb, cpu lock, bluetooth and this thing is nearly a daily driver in my opinion.

Now for the list of what doesn't work in this Beta release, 1%battery and camera! This Rom is looking really nice, and if you would like a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich on your Droid 2 Global then this is the rom for you!

Grab the Rom and discuss here!

chefb

Reaction score
reallly.....imean....really d2 global.......come on!!!!!!

gthotie5

Reaction score
Whats wrong with the D2G?
I moved on to the nexus but still like messing around with my D2G, and i'm happy to see great devs like Angel supporting it.

npro1464

Reaction score
Posted this somewhere else but I guess it got deleted: I can't believe this came out for the Droid 2 Global but we've yet to see any working ics rom for the Thunderbolt (devs that are working on it are working very hard, I know). The development for the TB has really been decimated by the Gnex.

jlhaehl

Reaction score
reallly.....imean....really d2 global.......come on!!!!!!

I hate posts like this, yes people still use droid 2 global, its my daily driver I can't afford to drop $600 every other month for the newest toy at best I get one every 2 years. I would like to upgrade but kids, house, and food come first obviously so its really nice to see even though Big Red kicked it to the curb, the support community hasn't forgetton about us rocking the D2G!!!
dancedroid