ROM + APP Liberty Gingerbread + DROID X overclock

robbiem

Reaction score
I am running Liberty Gingerbread I downloaded the DROID X Overclock app from the market. When I start the app it force reboots my phone... anyone else had this problem???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mp3ster

Reaction score
Yes, this happens to me as well. I have posted a few times in the issues post, but have not heard any resolution for this issue yet. The only advice that i can give you is the same i received, Dont overclock. I know its dumb, i really want to run a lv or ulv kernel but oh well!

RMcCall

Reaction score
honestly gingerbread really doesnt have that much to offer as of right now so im just rockin liberty 2.0.1 way more customization and more stable

djuniah

Reaction score
I've always seen some "odd" performance on my device with Droid Overclock. I just installed lib-GB and wanted to run some tests with it, so i re-installed it. And while i was able to get quadrant to spit out a number over 2k (2071), the UI actually seemed slower with Droid overclock installed. For example, switching screens in launcherPro. I have no idea why, but the UI always seems to run slower with droid overclock installed (even before messing with any OC settings)

modisch

Reaction score
I found the having Droid Overclock running, even if it wasn't overclocking, resulted in a huge battery drain. It was, by a large margin, the biggest consumer of juice. This is on Liberty 2.0.1.

I'm going to try reflashing soon and see if that clears things up. But it definitely was a surprise when I spent more than a couple hours away from a charger.

-m

mp3ster

Reaction score
*SOLVED* Open the Overclock App, immediately go to menu, settings. Check the box that says "Latest Module" exit the program and reboot. Your good to go after that!

** Running solid as a rock on Liberty GB .4 at 1250 ULV!!! 4 HR STRESS TEST, NO PROBLEMS!!!
Here i come battery life!!!!

Oh, and a 2144 quadrant!

Last edited:

modisch

Reaction score
*SOLVED* Open the Overclock App, immediately go to menu, settings. Check the box that says "Latest Module" exit the program and reboot. Your good to go after that!

I will give that a shot.

you said:
Oh, and a 2144 quadrant!

Funk beans! Is gb that good? Best I have at that clockspeed is 1750 or so.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }