[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

sean9721

Reaction score
On the 10/25 and 10/26 nightlies I get an Android Keyboard force close when trying to go through set up. I downloaded each file twice just to make sure they weren't bad downloads. A new ROM slot was created each time.

My keyboard works fine on other ROMs.

Ir1

Reaction score
So is there another forum or anywhere that ever talks about changes or fixes in each nightly build? I've been on the nightly train and have been updating frequently, but rarely notice too much of a difference. I assume and hope that bugs and things are getting worked out, but are there any features that do not work at all besides HDMI at this point?

Video camera resolution is locked to SD.

bofis

Reaction score
On the 10/25 and 10/26 nightlies I get an Android Keyboard force close when trying to go through set up. I downloaded each file twice just to make sure they weren't bad downloads. A new ROM slot was created each time.
Hmm, I was having that issue a couple of weeks ago, but have not had it with any nightly in the past week or so. I had used Titanium Backup to "freeze" the AOSP Keyboard entirely, which fixed the issue when I was having it, but now it's still a checked off selectable keyboard I just don't use. I use Swype as my on-screen keyboard, and the physical one mostly. I'm sorry my reply isn't helpful, but I haven't cleared data lately and just keep upgrading to each nightly as they come out, and this issue went away on it's own. :-\ Only problem I'm having is that rarely when I go to turn on my screen, only my hardware keys will illuminate for a few seconds and the screen will not turn on at all. The only solution I've found has been to just hold the power button until the phone reboots. I have no idea what leads to this state, but it has occurred with every nightly lately, but rarely.

bofis

Reaction score
wtf is snapshot-m1 ?
It stands for Milestone, and means that they feel it is a pretty stable build that now you can submit bug reports on as they work toward stable RC's. Installed it on my Droid 4 this morning and it seems okay, though I'm still having issues maintaining a solid data connection at times, usually when I fall out of service for a moment. Toggling airplane mode usually works, but would be nice if it didn't happen ;-) CyanogenMod 10.2 M1 Release | CyanogenMod

darkfalcon09

Reaction score
Anybody having data problems with the snapshot release? I can "connect" to LTE and Wifi networks, but the phone still says no data connection. I've tried reflashing (wiping cache+davlik), toggling airplane mode, and switching network types. I installed the update via CM Updater, so I know it's not the networks. Any ideas?

Also, possibly related, many of my apps are force closing. Google Keep, Play Store, and Verizon Messages to name a few. I thought it might be b/c the data issue above.

bofis

Reaction score
Darkfalcon - I think you should try downloading the zip and possibly even removing the ROM slot in SafeStrap and building a new Slot 1 and install the M1 fresh into there and see if that helps (along with gapps then) because I am not having any of the issues you describe on mine and M1 gave me no issues yesterday and I navigated, updated apps, and used other gapps without issue.

darkfalcon09

Reaction score
Darkfalcon - I think you should try downloading the zip and possibly even removing the ROM slot in SafeStrap and building a new Slot 1 and install the M1 fresh into there and see if that helps (along with gapps then) because I am not having any of the issues you describe on mine and M1 gave me no issues yesterday and I navigated, updated apps, and used other gapps without issue.

Since it was mostly gapps giving me problems, I flashed the most recent gapps. I was having trouble downloading them from the link in the OP, so I used the mirror link here [link]http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps[/link]. This fixed whatever wires got crossed when I updated via the installer. I didn't end up having to build a new romslot, so I'm at least a little grateful there. Thanks for the advice.

A handful of non-essential apps are misbehaving, but noting widespread. If I find out the problem is related, I'll send an update.

Update: Reinstalling the apps from the app store fixed the problems. Hooray.

Last edited:

mrtonk

Reaction score
Is GPS working properly on the snapshot build?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bofis

Reaction score
GPS is working great, I've used navigation and in gps status I'm connecting to at least 5 satellites usually when gps is on

darkfalcon09

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like my reception is quite as good as the 10.1 stable build. Not a huge deal, but I seem to notice losing signal where I didn't before.

bofis

Reaction score
Setting your network mode to LTE+CDMA/EvDo seems to help a bit, and I've more found that it can hold onto a data connection, but if I go onto the subway and do not put it into airplane mode, after a while, it stops looking for a new data connection (and most likely saves you a TON of battery compared to how the stock-Moto rom would basically suck up as much power as possible searching for service). There are a couple of nightlies past the M1, has anyone tried any or noticed anything improved in them?

thelolotov

Reaction score