[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

Jishkah

MMS works fine if you use GoSMS or Verizon Messages off of Play Store.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

I shouldn't have to, though. GoSMS is a bloated mess, and Verizon Messages? Ew, no, I won't poke that with a stick. I shouldn't have to rely on an external MMS app when MMS should work, by default, in the default messaging app, but whatever.

GigaJake

So I don't know if everyone has heard, but Hash is dropping Moto OMAP support in November. Nightlies will continue until something breaks, and most likely no 4.4 support.

Hope CM10.2 becomes stable soon!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

I shouldn't have to, though. GoSMS is a bloated mess, and Verizon Messages? Ew, no, I won't poke that with a stick. I shouldn't have to rely on an external MMS app when MMS should work, by default, in the default messaging app, but whatever.

Personal preference is up to you--I'm just letting you know it works. I've also seen posts indicating Handcent works as well. YMMV.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

kwyrt

Personal preference is up to you--I'm just letting you know it works. I've also seen posts indicating Handcent works as well. YMMV. Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the Verizon Messages app. It is solid and works well. The integration with messaging via the Verizon website is also nice and works well including syncing of messages between phone and web.

Jishkah

One thing that I heavily recommend that you all do? Bug reports. Bug reports, bug reports, bug reports. CyanogenMod has a built-in Bug Report option, one that you can perform via the Developer Options - I'd recommend enabling the option to have it in your Power Menu, to make it a bit easier to access. If you catch any bugs, any instabilities, any of that, please, file a bug report and try to "trigger" the bug again - it's as easy as tapping the button, and that's it. System logs will be automatically emailed to the developer, as far as I can tell, and that may give him enough information to go off of and fix things up.

I'm not entirely sure if the Bug Report feature even works, to be honest, but... it's worth a try, yeah? Support will cease in November, and we should strive to have an entirely stable ROM.

bofis

So I don't know if everyone has heard, but Hash is dropping Moto OMAP support in November. Nightlies will continue until something breaks, and most likely no 4.4 support.

Well that's sad! I've been really enjoying CM on my Droid 4, though would be wonderful if HDMI support existed. As for MMS, I use Handcent SMS and have had no problems with messaging at all. Just had to set the pop-up to appear UNDER the lock screen or else the lock screen would go away entirely.

drush242

I had the same problem. I couldn't get around it using a new nightly but using an older one seemed to make it work right again. If I remember correctly it was the one on the 19th that I used. That is when it went from 180 or so megs to 170 something on the download size of the nightlies. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the note, I appreciate it. I keep firing up the nightlies, hoping each time that they fixed something so that it works, but to no avail. I can't fathom what is causing that problem on SS ONLY.

drush242

Well, on a lark, I downloaded 3.60 on another device and emailed it to myself. I opened it as an attachment, and >voilà!<it worked!

Criminy is that annoying. What the hell causes that? Either way, I hope this helps some of you.

Last edited:

Storm203

Hope CM10.2 becomes stable soon!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

I have very limited programming experience, but I would be willing to help out if we were to take over when he phases out support.

SuperSonix

Is there a way to show the "Launcher" setting under interface in the settings tab? Somehow mine decided to disappear and i couldn't find answers online.

bofis

So is there another forum or anywhere that ever talks about changes or fixes in each nightly build? I've been on the nightly train and have been updating frequently, but rarely notice too much of a difference. I assume and hope that bugs and things are getting worked out, but are there any features that do not work at all besides HDMI at this point?

So is there another forum or anywhere that ever talks about changes or fixes in each nightly build? I've been on the nightly train and have been updating frequently, but rarely notice too much of a difference. I assume and hope that bugs and things are getting worked out, but are there any features that do not work at all besides HDMI at this point?

Do MMS (stock app) and data (3G/4G -- mine would never come up) work on 10.3?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

bofis

First of all, they're only up to CM10.2, which are the nightlies that are Android 4.2.2 really. As for MMS from the stock app, I've been using Handcent SMS without any issues, and can send/receive MMS just fine. 3G/4G LTE data works fine, I live in the city so I always put my phone into airplane mode when I get on the subway, and then toggle it off when I get above ground again. This seems to force the phone to reconnect if it ever drops the data connection, which happens if I just leave it in my pocket and it goes without service for too long. So if you are having data connection issues, toggling Airplane Mode tends to help, but generally my phone holds onto the connection fine throughout the day.

the changelog is to the left of the download file. i rarely see changes for the droid4. most are for the razr