OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you wipe batt stats.
Also would I have to erase.everything on phone if I went to evil

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
In CWMR under advanced tab you will see the option to Wipe Batt Stats...Or in the Market get Battery Calibration and wait until your phone is at 100% before you wipe battery stats( not when its dying)

I would suggest a full wipe yes....use Titanium Backup to backup your apps and Google will sync your market info, contacts, simple settings etc...

Last edited:
OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ever since I've began to use any of this new stuff: eco1 radio, the overclocked kernels, and the new rom, everything has been horrible on my phone. Battery sucks even after battery calibration, wifi can't connect ANYWHERE when other people have full bars, force closing with certain apps....I'm just very unhappy with this. I'm thinking of sticking with SC, unless someone can explain what may be going on, and change my mind about this comm rom.

Do a factory reset and format you sd card in CWM....(first backup anything you have on SD that you want to a PC!)

Then wipe dalvik and partion cache 3 times each.

Then odin back to DL09

Then do the Over The Air updates through verizon on your phone to get to 2.2 froyo

then odin newest CWM

Then Load Evil Fascinate Rom and I promise you wont have any issues including batt.

also when you phone is at like 1%.....about to die. go to CWM and clear/wipe batt. Then fully charge phone.

Clearing cache and dalvik 3 times is no different than doing it once.
I was under the impression that we only clear battery stats when the battery is 100%.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
You are correct....clearing battery stats is to be done at 100% not when your phone is dying....

JeffWNC1

Reaction score
I am on EB01 SC 2.4. Can I flash Community ROM v1.3 from SD card or do I need to use odin? Should I first do a factory reset then over the air update? I don/t do updates often as you can see I have been fairly happy with super clean. Thanks.

JeffWNC1

Reaction score
I am on EB01 SC 2.4. Can I flash Community ROM v1.3 from SD card or do I need to use odin? Should I first do a factory reset then over the air update? I don/t do updates often as you can see I have been fairly happy with super clean. Thanks.

Never mind. I flashed from SD card and it does work. Thanks.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Is this better than ebo1 with superclean 2.9.2?

cruskai239

Reaction score
From EB01

I'm a n00b at rooting and flashing roms. Is there a tutorial to upgrade from EB01 w/ voodoo lagfix to this rom?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a n00b at rooting and flashing roms. Is there a tutorial to upgrade from EB01 w/ voodoo lagfix to this rom?
Prob the easiest way:
COMMUNITY ROM:
Neither of the COMM ROM versions will wipe your data. The wipe versions are not working yet, but I will post them as soon as they are.
This version contains the EC01 modem/radio and times_infinity's nonvoodoo ComaVolt kernel:
CR_EC01_CV_Shark.tar

This is the thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...n-04-23-11-odin-froyo-ed01-packaged-roms.html

Basically you...

Reboot into recovery
disable lagfix
reboot to ensure it disables properly
then backup apps with Titanium Backup from Market just in case anything goes wrong
then

After downloading the file above you will need to extract the .tar.md5 file from the .rar file. For visual aid instructions on "how to extract the file" and "how to use ODIN", see post #'s 3 and 4 of DroidXcon's original ODIN thread .

3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
4.) You will also need the latest recovery, CWMR 3.0+ http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...-11-red-voodoo-cwm-3-x-updated-4-24-11-a.html
5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
7.) Remove battery from phone.
8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
10.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.
mad.gif
mad.gif

13.) Find and double click on the ED01.tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
14.) Phone will power down when finished.
15.) Remove USB cable. (If you were not on a stock kernel and had the current CWM, skip to step 21)
16.) Close, then reopen ODIN.
17.) Reconnect phone to USB cable as described above in step 11.
18.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN. (Don't forget the warning about making sure you clicked the PDA button)
19.) Find and double click the CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix.tar file you downloaded in step 4 above & once again click the Start button. (This should only take 7 seconds)
20.) Phone will power down again.
21.) Close ODIN
22.) Reinsert battery.
23.) Power phone and wait to boot. (Should take approx. 4 mins)

That should help

Last edited:

Nas

Reaction score
Any one try the new update of this rom and the update evil rom. Any one notice one better than the other. I haven't had good luck with this rom in the past..

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any one try the new update of this rom and the update evil rom. Any one notice one better than the other. I haven't had good luck with this rom in the past..

COMM ROM v1.3 is running great for me....theres also a MIUI version available over at XDA ny nitsuj17, its in open BETA testing

cruskai239

Reaction score
So I do the above steps and then download the Community Rom 1.3 and flash it through Odin?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

cruskai239

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all of your help