OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
Quick question, how do I get the transparent pull down? I see in the change log in a previous version it should have dropped a file on the SD card.
I took it out of this build but I can post it when I get home tonight. Its also on XDA as a separate post. I never tested the Trans drop down on this build though. It should work but you never know...
Just my 2 cents, Scott's ROMs have always been on point. I used to use them when I had my HTC Touch Pro and TP2. I don't have a Rezound, but would be all over this if I did.

Thanks man!

mjones73

Reaction score
Thanks, I can grab it off XDA and test it out later tonight, no big rush for it. :)

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
I am looking to root my Rezound and was told that Scott ROMs are very nice. The fellow that posted though said for me to get a "rooted" ROM and install it from my SD card after unlocking the phone.
Do you have a "rooted" ROM and can you please explain the difference between a rooted and custom Rom.
I have a rooted TB but my Rezound seems to be a bit different.
Still trying to learn.
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
All custom ROMS are rooted. CustomROMs are Just that. Some people take them to extremes with themes and add features. I focus on the stock look with add ons that I think everyone should have and remove all the Verizon bloat.

dad2adammegan

Reaction score
That's my point. I have a new Rezound that came with the OTA and from what I read you can't root this. But another gentleman posted that if I unlock it then use a custom rooted Rom (I have never heard of a "rooted" Rom) that would do the trick.
Is there a way to root a rezound with the last OTA that works.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
Yes, although ti goes beyond the scope of of this thread I will give you some insight...

1. You need to HTC Dev Unlock
2. Install Amon Ra recovery
3. Install SU via Amon Ra recovery.

Bam your rooted and can then do whatever you choose to do.

UnderwaterDev1l

Reaction score
What do you mean by it updates the mainver to the latest version? You said to ask in the description and I have no idea what that means lol. I'm really new to this (I rooted for the first time last night). Any advice you could give me is also very welcome :)
Thanks

OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
It just means that when you flash the ROM it will now think it has the latest OTA of v 2.x.x.x

Its not a big deal but if you deciced to flash a ROM on the initial release from Verizon its version 1.x.x.x (ICS is version 3.x.x.x, etc). This means you will have to flash the boot.img seperately from the older ROM. When the time comes I can help you but for now just now that this will make your phone think it was updated with the latest OTA.

mjones73

Reaction score
I've noticed since I installed this rom, something is turning my wifi back on automatically. I'll switch it off when I leave the house then start noticing the open wifi found icon popping up on the status bar. Any ideas what app or setting might be causing this? It could be just something in the update causing it since you're at the current base now.

OP
scrosler

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
Make sure you turn off the WiFi and the Notification thingy. But no, mine is not doing that so it has to be something else.

mjones73

Reaction score
I am turning it off via the Power Control widget and I have that wifi notify off (guessing that was added for tiered users), I will do some testing with it to see if one of the apps I'm running is doing it.

mjones73

Reaction score
I just noticed 1.65 is out, I know what I'm doing this afternoon at work... thanks again.

UnderwaterDev1l

Reaction score
I already installed the OTA update. Does that mean flashing this won't change my main version? I don't want to flash if it does because if I have problems I want to get back to stock fairly easily without messing with things I don't understand.