roaming data charges in the Dominican Republic

lilybelle

Reaction score
As soon as I landed here, I got a text message on my droid that said: Data is $0.02 KB or $20.48 MB. I assume this is a surcharge - and I have NO idea if there's a way around it or how fast I can use this up. Can someone give me an idea of how much time this is? I was hoping to stay connected to home with my droid and got the "international package" from verizon before I left. I had no idea there would be a surcharge and don't know how hefty it is. Thanks for any clarification.

tonydelite

Reaction score
As soon as I landed here, I got a text message on my droid that said: Data is $0.02 KB or $20.48 MB. I assume this is a surcharge - and I have NO idea if there's a way around it or how fast I can use this up. Can someone give me an idea of how much time this is? I was hoping to stay connected to home with my droid and got the "international package" from verizon before I left. I had no idea there would be a surcharge and don't know how hefty it is. Thanks for any clarification.

Well to put it in perspective, a typical MP3 file can be around 4MB to 5MB. Which would cost you approx $80 to $100 to download. My advice is turn off data roaming ASAP and only use your phone if you have to.