RIM CEO Disses Android Devices, Saying They "are all the same"

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
My favorite thing in the world...haters. Some people say if you wanna see how successful you are you need to count your haters, the more the merrier. And android seems to be extremely successful. First of all the windows CEO said android is made for rocket scientists (because their phones occupy .5 percent of the market). Now we have this genius from rim saying that all android devices look the same...when in fact every single argument that people get into this forum about is because of the ten different skins android devices have on them from HTC to moto to nexus to Samsung to lg and even some other brands I have no idea about. Apple is on the other end suing the hell out of every company working with Android.

And yet, android still stands on top of all devices in the market.

I love Google. Three years ago they were nobodys as far as products went. Now they took over the cellphone market pushing out all the competition, tablet sales have tremendously increased...windows will be targeted next along with osx soon as chromium comes out.

Goodbye windows, apple, blackberry losers. Welcome monopoly of Google. The only monopoly I will support.

I just love the arguments that these companies make because what they say are androids weakness always seem to be their own. Windows said android is complicated, lol have they ever used windows computers? I hate them because they're so complex. Rim saying androids look too similar....lol nothing to say to this. And apple saying android isn't innovative and is copying their style.

These companies just prove that CEOs are nothing more than complete idiots.

Hmmm you go from saying how much you hate haters to being a gather yourself. Nicely done....

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm you go from saying how much you hate haters to being a gather yourself. Nicely done....

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

by gather I mean hater. What's a brother got to do to get an edit button up in the news section, haha

alboboy10

Reaction score
by gather I mean hater. What's a brother got to do to get an edit button up in the news section, haha

Do you know what hater means? Hating a product because you can't use it is one thing...I can't use windows anymore its far too complex. I don't HATE it but I really dislike it.

But hating on a product just because its better than the ones your company is making, that's a different story.

As a CEO I think you should try to win customers by making good products...not bashing others. = hater.

P.s. you can edit. I just did it on my phone.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you know what hater means? Hating a product because you can't use it is one thing...I can't use windows anymore its far too complex. I don't HATE it but I really dislike it.

But hating on a product just because its better than the ones your company is making, that's a different story.

As a CEO I think you should try to win customers by making good products...not bashing others. = hater.

P.s. you can edit. I just did it on my phone.

Hmm I can't edit. But I just think at this point RIM is desperate and will say anything that may help them. It's really no different than the new Samsung commercials attacking the iPhone and its users.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Forget Android for a moment...what about those iphones? You want the newest one? There is only one. Same plasticky package, same hardware a generation behind, same UI...just different colors or levels of overpriced memory. RIM isn't barking up enough trees with their insults IMHO...although they know that apple mainly makes lifestyle toys for yuppies and self-styled hipsters, and aren't taken seriously in the I.T. and business/corporate community (at least in my own experience).

RIM should take a clue from apple's past, in fact. Look at where a "closed" platform got apple in the old days. No clones, unlike the IBM-PC, and look at where apple's personal computer market share went--they were the Betamax to IBM's VHS. Now they do the same with their phones, and look at where their market share is going. RIM, too, has a closed platform but its market share isn't shrinking, it's imploding. With the news this past week about IBM throwing its support behind Android for enterprise use, that will be a fairly sharp blow to RIM once companies start switching.

Seems the only ones excited about RIM products these days are those who still own them. Sure, I've had a couple of them claim that Android can't access certain types of servers, and that they have everything in BlackBerry's own messaging/data system, etc., etc....but that's the point right there: it's proprietary.

The only flaw I see in Android's future is that the phones may become nothing more than bland commodity items. Top of the line phone are always the latest/greatest of each manufacturer, but with the OS/GUI being open source and readily available, it paves the way for cheap hardware to gain a decent OS and, if the hardware is too cheap (as in faulty), the phones may become nothing more than throwaways, or be of such poor quality that they drag down the Android name. It is up to manufacturers to keep Android fresh through their own unique GUIs and bundle of apps. Let's hope it stays that way. And that despite how much some of us despise apple, that they too stick around to give everyone some healthy competition.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Hmm I can't edit. But I just think at this point RIM is desperate and will say anything that may help them. It's really no different than the new Samsung commercials attacking the iPhone and its users.

Yea but Samsung is poking at apple because apple is suing them over dumb things like how to flick your pics in your gallery and the tablets being too round around the corners like the iPad. So Samsung is taking jabs at apple about the 4g thing and people waiting in line.

If anything Samsung is attacking apple customers for waiting in lines for three days for something that Samsung has. Its a war that apple started and that Samsung is playing along with.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Forget Android for a moment...what about those iphones? You want the newest one? There is only one. Same plasticky package, same hardware a generation behind, same UI...just different colors or levels of overpriced memory. RIM isn't barking up enough trees with their insults IMHO...although they know that apple mainly makes lifestyle toys for yuppies and self-styled hipsters, and aren't taken seriously in the I.T. and business/corporate community (at least in my own experience).

This opinion right here is a perfect example of all that is wrong with Android fanbois.

meishkov

Reaction score
The apple patent wars are pretty hilarious. They sue Samsung and others claiming that their actual physical device has physical similarities such as round corners and what not, and Samsung and Motorola response by counter-suing on grounds of ACTUAL infringements down to the technical aspects, as in devices communicating with servers and all That. Shows that they're not petty about those things but if you want to pick a fight, they use their brainpower and go after actual specific technical aspects of it. That's the difference between apple and the more relevant companies such as Google HTC Motorola Samsung etc.

It just pains me when I see these tech giants such as apple competing through the courts, instead of the way of the android backers, through new innovation in design ideas and applications and how those can help make life easier. It's like a dude with a masters from Harvard trying to argue with a elementary school dropout. What's the point you know? I'll stand by the side of the people who choose to create real legitimate competition by trying to 1-up themselves and pushing the limits of technology and innovation, and not the cry baby companies arguing that our devices look too similar to theirs....child please.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Someone needs to remind him that what matters at the end of the day for share holders is not how nice or unique the device is but how positive their financial statements are...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem with RIM is that they gave up on innovation years ago. Any company that would release a TOUCH device still running a trackball OS is obviously not trying very hard. I had the abomination that was the Storm, and it was not a good time.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea but Samsung is poking at apple because apple is suing them over dumb things like how to flick your pics in your gallery and the tablets being too round around the corners like the iPad. So Samsung is taking jabs at apple about the 4g thing and people waiting in line.

If anything Samsung is attacking apple customers for waiting in lines for three days for something that Samsung has. Its a war that apple started and that Samsung is playing along with.

My point would be Android needs to stop being obsessed with what Apple is doing, it shows a serious inferiority complex when the mere mention of Apple throws everyone into a frenzy. Let the OEM's fight it out in court, the right decisions will be made. The hatred from some people is just so ugly that it brings the collective Android community down.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lmao so hypocritical coming from RIM. I can't tell any BB devices apart to save my life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Funny you say that. I was moving our corporate blackberries over to a new BES-X instance today, about 11 devices in total. I had 3 or 4 different models, and it was near impossible to tell them apart simply by looking. Was a lot of fun, though. I always enjoy working with the corporate blackberries at the job. Reason being, it makes me appreciate Android and iOS that much more. I just consider the actual BES itself totally unnecessary, as Exchange already supports Activesync with IT policies.

meishkov

Reaction score
My point would be Android needs to stop being obsessed with what Apple is doing, it shows a serious inferiority complex when the mere mention of Apple throws everyone into a frenzy. Let the OEM's fight it out in court, the right decisions will be made. The hatred from some people is just so ugly that it brings the collective Android community down.

Problem is things like this should NEVER have to go to courts. That right there shows they're cowards. This should be settled in the marketplace with new products. They chose this, they picked this fight. In case you didn't know courts are some of the shadiest govt branches in existence in this country today. The people in charge are not capable of making the right decisions That will greatly benefit all parties involved. This is not the way things like this should be decided, but as you know we all live in a far from perfect world, so the wrong decision can greatly impact our daily lives in an extremely negative way, now and for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums