Rhapsody vs Napster vs Amazon etc.

droidx..........

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if any has answered these questions in the past.

Sorry but I am out of touch with music players.

I have been researching napster vs. rhapsody vs. Amazon etc online and have found useful information.

Ex. I have read that with Rhapsody, if you cancel the account you loose all the music purchased. Etc.

FYI, not looking for free music.

1) I want to purchase music on line, that I will own in perpetuity.

2) I am looking to keep my existing music that is saved on my desktop hard drive in the same format as my new purchases.

3) Plus I have tons of music on my hardrive that I do not have organized yet....

I am not a fan of ITunes, b/c I would need a converter etc.

I know I’m out of touch..

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I have used amazon to download some music (albums and songs) with my computer. They come down in mp3 format, and as near as I can tell I "own" them. By this I mean I can play them on my computer and my phone or other divices I own. As my phone does not even have amazon on it, and while on amazon on my pc my phone is not part of the equation I assume that the files are not locked (encrypted) as they might be with Itunes. I can also move the mp3's to my backup storage device and play them, so I think I am solid. I buy the album, download in mp3 format, and I own them to play as I choose on the device of my choice.

Craig