Rhapsody beta

Reaction score
Sadly they have "screwed the pooch" on this one.

The app now requires your streaming phone to be an authorized device which means for me, and many others, who were already using our 3 devices there is no option other than a new full account.

standalone beta doesn't work anymore, you have to use the one from the Market and it forces you to authorize.

OP
Slighter

Slighter

Reaction score
Still using the beta here, no problems. I have unused authorizations but not needing to use them yet.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
What version? Mine and the install on my GF's have reverted to 30 second clips only, and yes I'm signed in because it has my playlists.

Sidenote, Rhapsody servers were unreachable last night.... trying again today...

Reaction score
Seems really promising, and the streaming quality isnt bad, but I can only add three albums max. Could be a limitation of the trial perhaps???

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
I have been chatting with Rhapsody for about an hour now. I couldn't hear more than 30 second clips, so I signed out and tried again. Now, it says I have to authorize the device, and it isn't working. Even though we only have one other device authorized, it keeps saying I have 3. I deactivate the other 2, and it still won't let me authorize my Droid. UGH! I am going nuts!!!!

They said they are working on it. They better work quickly! I have just broke down and purchased bluetooth headphones to use with it. And Pandora isn't getting it!

solorca

Reaction score
I checked this out today and I really like it. It would definitely be worth the $10 a month if I had an auxiliary input in my car. As it is now, I don't know if I can use it enough to warrant the monthly price.

jasonb

Reaction score
Just got the beta. So far I really like it. I may have to purchase a subscription once my trial runs out.

Scribble

Reaction score
I'm just annoyed that Rhapsody doesn't have a way to integrate easily with Xbox 360's streaming... I turned on the upnp server but it didn't show up on my Xbox.

I can download the tracks in the Rhapsody thing then stream them through windows 7 library stuff, but then I can't make use of napster playlists.

If I make the playlists in Windows media player, I can play it through the Xbox, but I then can't sync that stuff with the droid (because it can't play DRM'd stuff...)

Just once I'd like it to all work together (like they say it's supposed to!)

I'd love to have a subscription service that I could use to play music at home and on the go that works with all my stuff.