ReZound and Google Music

ses020570

Reaction score
Hi All -

I have downloaded Google Music and am transferring all of my music from iTunes to the Google sourse (?cloud). The music is also showing up on the phone - of course. My question is this:

Does the music showing up on the phone actually take up space or is it just showing me the music I have available in the cloud? I have a LOT of files!

Any help would be appreciated. This may be a silly question and especially coming from someone who is computer/tech saavy - but with Google being so new, I don't know how it works.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a blessed Holiday Season!

Sean

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
Does the music showing up on the phone actually take up space or is it just showing me the music I have available in the cloud?

No, the music is stored on Google's servers and streamed to your phone (or PC or whatever) when you listen to it. However, you can download it to your phone for offline playing, when you have no network connection or don't want to use bandwidth. You do this by "sticking a pin in it". There's a checkbox and stickpin icon next to album titles and songs in the Google Music app -- check it and that song or album is available when offline and does consume space on your Rezound.

OP
S

ses020570

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! It is still uploading to Google's servers - have been waiting for a long, long, time. I just have to be patient I suppose......

Thanks again!

Sean

edansgrampa

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! It is still uploading to Google's servers - have been waiting for a long, long, time. I just have to be patient I suppose......

Thanks again!

Sean

You might as well go have a cup of coffee, to see a movie, take a shower, wash the car, and do a lot of other things as this process is really really slow. You can put up to 20,000 songs (if I remember correctly) and have access to them via your PC and/or phone. I would suggest that you use your PC to edit your song list once you've completed uploading your songs. I had quite a few duplicate as well as the same song by different artists so make sure you shuffle the playlist when you're ready to listen.

Nice application to have, but very slow.

:hail:

cp24eva

Reaction score
I had 7,300 song to upload. Seemed like it took a whole day. But once it's there, you are golden. Can play it damn near anywhere. and the caching to the phone this is nice.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I had 1,000 songs and it took 4 days. the upload manager app only uploads stuff when you aren't using the computer or bandwidth. Kind of sweet but days to upload sucks. maybe it was because I did it the day or weekend the cloud first went on line?

Anyway, as someone else said, it takes no space up on your phone. Kind of sweet, but too bad VZW and others went to non unlimited plans...

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah, i'd say being that you were one of the first, there were millions of other folks doing the same thing. my 7k songs only took a about a day a few weeks ago.