Help please. music is not showing up in my stock music app. HTC rezound

Natandroid

Reaction score
so i downloaded music on my rezound into my sdcard and it doesnt show up on my stock music app, but it does show up on astro file manager app. so i dont know what to do next. Any ideas people??

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Did you create a folder on your SD card to put you music in? If so, what did you name it?

RH

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I did but it still doesn't work. Any other idea?:-[

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Stock music should read from either internal or external SD Card under "Music". Did you make sure it was set on music library vs music server? Lastly are you on the stock ROM or are you rooted/ROM'd. If so, what ROM and did you remove anything?

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
Stock music should read from either internal or external SD Card under "Music". Did you make sure it was set on music library vs music server? Lastly are you on the stock ROM or are you rooted/ROM'd. If so, what ROM and did you remove anything?

Well IM not sure what you mean by music server, but I made a folder in the root of my sd card named Music, and I am on stock ROM.

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
So does anybody know how to fix my problem. Id really appreciate your help.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's on your internal SD then try the external SD. I'm kind of at a loss here as this isn't a normal problem. Your music isn't in flac or ogg format right? We're talking straight ahead no DRM mp3 files right..??

OP
N

Natandroid

Reaction score
If it's on your internal SD then try the external SD. I'm kind of at a loss here as this isn't a normal problem. Your music isn't in flac or ogg format right? We're talking straight ahead no DRM mp3 files right..??

I am using external and its not working. And its not drm. Its regular mp3 format. The weird thing is I can play the music from the astro app but when I use my stock music player or any other music player for that matter it just says there is no music in my sd card. Any other ideas??

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am using external and its not working. And its not drm. Its regular mp3 format. The weird thing is I can play the music from the astro app but when I use my stock music player or any other music player for that matter it just says there is no music in my sd card. Any other ideas??

That result is typical from other music players. PowerAmp is one of the few that can see music on the internal or external card. Copy a song or two to the internal card. I know I don't have a problem reading Music from my external card but I'm not going to assume that this result is typical. If all else fails, factory reset...if factory reset fails, get a new phone :blink:

slim6596

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
My Rezound won't see music on my external sdcard. I had to copy it to the internal card. Working fine now.

LaugingDroider

Reaction score
I had this same problem. It showed up after I did a factory reset. Before that all was fine and I could play music from my sdcard. I managed to "fix" it by downloading a new music player from the Android market - Android Music Player. I ran that app and it immediately found all my music. Then, when I went back and ran the built-in Music widget it too could now see all my music. It suggests there is some hidden setting for the built-in player that cannot be set/reset through the menu, but the AOSP player I downloaded was able to reset it for me. Anyhow, I hope this works for you.

swbf2lord

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but after I experienced this myself I finally stumbled across the answer:

All music must be in a sub folder in the "Music" folder. So for instance: sdcard2/Music/Artist/song.mp3

LarryPGH

Reaction score
umm... "internal card"? "external card"?

i'm new to the Rezound, so these terms have me scratching my head. I just bought a 32GB SD card, to replace the 16GB card that came with the phone. how can I put music on it such that I can play it through the Music app?

(I'm already getting the notion that only .mp3 files are supported -- is that accurate?)

Thanks!

Larry