Music Help!!!

RVnut

Reaction score
Coming from Storm 2 and had Rezound 4 days now and loving it. But music is giving me fits, think I must not understand how it works. I now have 4 music apps, HTC Music which sees and plays nothing, Google Music which only sees and plays music from the market, Poweramp which sees everything in all folders including app noises and ring tone (please) and plays so soft I cannot hear it, and the last is playerpro which does not find any music other than a few app sounds. Also tried music importer to move music.

I Have music from the market and mp3 files from my PC that I have moved to the sdcard\musice and to the google music folder. Al I want to do is load music to phone (no cloud) from PC, Market, Amazon, other have a single music player to use.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Help!!!!

dzone67

Reaction score
Not to sure if this is going to help but have you tried to unmount and mount the SD card?

Sent from a Rezound!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the HTC Music app to recognize your music, you must place all music in a folder on your SD Card named "Music." If music is scattered throughout different directories, the HTC Music app will not find that music as it only points towards the "Music" folder on your card.

Also, Beats Audio is only enabled when you use the stock HTC Music app, other music apps will not utilize the Beats Audio codec that is built in. To keep things simple, I just keep all my music in /sd-card/Music/ and keep the music in folders in that directory associated to artist/album/playlist/etc...

dzone67

Reaction score
For the HTC Music app to recognize your music, you must place all music in a folder on your SD Card named "Music." If music is scattered throughout different directories, the HTC Music app will not find that music as it only points towards the "Music" folder on your card.

Also, Beats Audio is only enabled when you use the stock HTC Music app, other music apps will not utilize the Beats Audio codec that is built in. To keep things simple, I just keep all my music in /sd-card/Music/ and keep the music in folders in that directory associated to artist/album/playlist/etc...

Doesn't Power AMP support beats audio now?

Sent from a Rezound!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Power AMP support beats audio now?

Sent from a Rezound!

No idea, I don't use it, give it a shot and see if the red Beats Audio icon pops up in the notification bar when you play the music through the headphones (also, you don't need to use the Beats headphones to use the Beats Audio built into the Rezound, any pair will do just fine).

OP
R

RVnut

Reaction score
Not to sure if this is going to help but have you tried to unmount and mount the SD card?

Sent from a Rezound!

I am a newbee so bear with me. Do you mean to physically remove SD card and replace it, or is there a way to unmount and mount in the setup options?

OP
R

RVnut

Reaction score
:hail: Thanks everyone!!!!!! Got it to work!!! Was missing the Music folder on SD card :icon_ banana:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:hail: Thanks everyone!!!!!! Got it to work!!! Was missing the Music folder on SD card :icon_ banana:

haha, yup, that'll do it! glad it's working for you!

RezoundHound

Reaction score
PowerAmp

The newest version of PowerAmp does support Beats Audio. You won't see the little red icon in the Notification Bar, probably due to trademark restrictions. However, there is a Beats setting under "Tone/Vol". There is where you set the volume for the app as well. Beats Audio is active with anything you plug into the headphone jack. You don't need special Beats ear buds. I use my Rezound to play music through my home audio system and the Beats Audio works just fine. Also, by default PowerAmp will search your entire phone for "all" audio files. If you only want it to play music, you have to direct it to your music folder. This is done via: Phone Menu>More>Settings>Folders/Library>Music Folders.

PowerAmp is lite years ahead of the default music player. Once you master it, you'll never go back. But it's one app that's not for the technologically challenged. There are tons of menus and sub-menus that seem to go on to eternity. It seems that most people will just install an app and complain that it doesn't do this, it dosen't do that. You have to explore the settings. That's the first thing I do with every app I install. You'd be surprised at the plethora of features you'll find.

RH

Last edited: