Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The World Cup 2010 lasts one month. For $10 is this not a good idea? They claim every single game live? I'm taking the gamble on it and hope it's worth it. I just want it for the month to watch the Cup and nothing else.

Oh yea, if they had something like that that I wanted to watch I would do it.. but just in general they dont have a wide selection.. Hell Id probably pay $10 to get the superbowl on the phone if I had a show on superbowl sunday..

faxman75

Reaction score
Oh yea, if they had something like that that I wanted to watch I would do it.. but just in general they dont have a wide selection.. Hell Id probably pay $10 to get the superbowl on the phone if I had a show on superbowl sunday..

I'm pretty excited they announced this. I was starting to wonder how I was going to see so many games while I was at work and this just made my day! I just hope it's not choppy as hell and doesn't cut out every 2 minutes.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, according to their press release, V Cast will be showing the World Cup live.

Hogmeister

Reaction score

I'm pretty excited they announced this. I was starting to wonder how I was going to see so many games while I was at work and this just made my day! I just hope it's not choppy as hell and doesn't cut out every 2 minutes.

well last year during the stanley cup finals i had a phone that had vcast support, and i wasnt able to sit near a tv to watch the games.. so needless to say i bought the vcast package and i watched the stanley cup, it wasn't choppy and didn't cut out... of course it was on a lot smaller of a screen than my droid, so i would think it'd be a rather good experience on the droid if it is anything compared to their other phones.

of course, it all depends if you're even in an area where you get vcast service... i dont in my area, so i wont be purchasing this.. and be careful because for the longest time i was paying that extra bit of $ for vcast and i couldnt even use it, they were kind enough to refund my money for those months i paid for it because i never actually requested it they just decided to add it to my account when i bought my wife a new phone.

so check up on the vcast service coverage in your area before you dive head first, most any salesman/rep will let you add it to your plan regardless if its available to you

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Hogmeister... for the stanley cup finals, were you using V CAST Mobile TV or V Cast Videos? i didn't see anywhere in V CAST Videos where they had live streams...

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
@Hogmeister... for the stanley cup finals, were you using V CAST Mobile TV or V Cast Videos? i didn't see anywhere in V CAST Videos where they had live streams...

No, the stanley comes were on Ustream not vcast..

Hogmeister

Reaction score
last year they were using the mobileTV vcast thing on my voyager.. i didnt even think of it being vcast video or mobile tv. sorry

mach330

Reaction score
don't forget if u sign up tomr...first month is free. so i think i might try it out for the world cup if it's free for a month. just a little hassle to call to cancel once trial is over.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
don't forget if u sign up tomr...first month is free. so i think i might try it out for the world cup if it's free for a month. just a little hassle to call to cancel once trial is over.

if you set up your VZ account online, i believe you can cancel it there as well.

but don't forget, LOL

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll eat my words. Looks like V Cast Videos is actually showing the World Cup live... it's the espn3.com feed FYI... quality is decent...