Review: Monster Jamz

alemane213

Reaction score
I have the Beats by Dre and absolutely love them! Best headphones I've purchased! I love the flat wire and the L shape plug in... I ride with headphones under my lid and these are the best by far.

bastosero

Reaction score
A great pair of cans is always > than any earbuds. :)

Beats by Dre (which are also can style headphones) suck (just my opinion and most other audiophiles out there) LOL

I actually use my full size headphones from Audio-Technica. Also, most, if not all, mobile audio gadgets won't give us really strong sound unless you use a mini amplifier, but you can buy those. You can get a mini portable amp to connect to your device and headphones. That's how I roll. :)

Now, if I really had some dough to drop, I would get these >>> Sennheiser HD 800 - Balanced Headphones | HeadRoom Audio

Pandemic187

Reaction score

nateccnn

Reaction score
Here I am listening to Supertramp with my 22 dollar Sony ear buds I picked up at the airport 6 years ago. They dont sound terrible enough for me to part with 150 coins. Infact...they sound awesome! But I probably have no idea what I am missing...right.

Nate

Detonation

Reaction score
I bet they sound great. In fact, I'm sure of it. But because they are made by monster, they are going to be WAY over priced. Because of that, I won't buy them.
Why was I not informed about Monster being over priced :D
I didn't know this.
I guess we will know if its worth the over price factor against Bose soon.

Monster and Bose are both overpriced. You're paying for the name. The possible slightly better sound you may get out of these brands is definitely not worth the way extra price. Their marketing departments do a great job of making people think otherwise, but any smart consumer that does their research will realize its a rip off.

I'll stick with my $10 Jbuds. Sound is good enough for me, and the price is cheap enough that if I lose or break them, I don't care. I can't fathom carrying around a $100+ set of headphones.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I agree with Detonation. I'm still using my earbuds from my first iPod. But I did have the Bose in-ear and regular headphones. The in-ear got worn out and the line by the audio jack started ripping, don't know how, but I've had em for a few years. I can't wear the big ones at work because I have to hear people sometimes. I'd like to hear how the Skull Candy in-ear ranks against the expensive ones too, because I was thinking about grabbing a pair of them from Best Buy last time I was there last time.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
I bet they sound great. In fact, I'm sure of it. But because they are made by monster, they are going to be WAY over priced. Because of that, I won't buy them.
Why was I not informed about Monster being over priced :D
I didn't know this.
I guess we will know if its worth the over price factor against Bose soon.

Monster and Bose are both overpriced. You're paying for the name. The possible slightly better sound you may get out of these brands is definitely not worth the way extra price. Their marketing departments do a great job of making people think otherwise, but any smart consumer that does their research will realize its a rip off.

I'll stick with my $10 Jbuds. Sound is good enough for me, and the price is cheap enough that if I lose or break them, I don't care. I can't fathom carrying around a $100+ set of headphones.
Trust me, there is definitely some benefit in spending a bit more on headphones. If you think spending $100 is crazy, check out these beasts!:

Grado PS1000 Review - Headphones - CNET Reviews

Dishing out around $100 on headphones is definitely worthwhile if you use them all the time. That's what I spent on my current pair. It's not like $10 headphones produce static or anything, but you really can tell the difference if you get a good pair.