MPOW Cheetah Bluetooth 4.1 Sports Headphones!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When it comes to bluetooth headphones there are hundreds to chose from. MPOW has really set themselves apart over the past few years with their high quality yet affordable accessories for Android devices. MPOW is best known for their lineup of bluetooth products. They were nice enough to send me out their 2nd Generation Cheetah Sports Headphones for review. When reviewing headphones I look at three main components comfort, ease of use, and sound.

First off we will take a look at the design and comfort of these headphones. The Cheetah headphones utilize a unique behind ear ergonomic design. I prefer this to the drooping wire design of higher end headphones like the Jaybird Bluebuds which tend to tug and pull on your ears. The part that wraps around the back of your neck is more of a sturdy piece of rugged plastic. When you pull the headphones a part it sort of stands up and springs into action. It wraps comfortably around the back of your neck while the actual ear buds sit perfectly inside your ear canal. You don't have to shove the earbuds into your ears since they just kind of hover in the perfect place. These headphones have to be the most comfortable sport style headphones I have used.

Next up we will talk about the ease of use. When using bluetooth products they need to be easier to setup than just plugging in a wired device, or at least as easy. I am looking for a product that I can turn on and then connect to in my bluetooth settings. Some bluetooth products end up being more of a headache to connect to than they are worth. I don't want to have to read the manual to figure out how to connect my phone to a bluetooth device. The MPOW Cheetah headphones fit this bill. To connect them to your phone all you have to do is press and hold the "phone button" until you hear "your device is powered on" then continue to hold until you hear a beep. Then just open up your bluetooth settings where you will see the Cheetah headphones then just click to connect. As far as ease of use goes this is as good as it gets.

Finally we will talk about the most important part of any headphone, sound quality. These headphones get plenty loud. I actually found myself turning down the volume on many occasions. These were loud enough to hear over my weed eater and lawnmower. As far as sound quality goes these are great for what you are paying. Mids and Highs are excellent, bass suffers a bit. You don't get that full rich sound you get from $200 headphones. Of course this is to be expected from a set of headphones that is less than $30.

In conclusion these headphones are the most comfortable sports headphones you can buy for less than $30. The sound quality is great, but lacks the full rich sound you get from extra bass. The main reason I would buy these headphones is for the comfort and fit. These are guaranteed to stay in your ears no matter what activity you find yourself doing.

These headphones are currently on sale for only $29.99

Here is a coupon code for Droidforums Members! T2JZOLMS for $23.99

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great review. You look so "enthused" showing us the earbuds in that last photo. :p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How strong is the connection?

I have a pair of Jam Transit BT buds that were recommended to me by someone on the forum. They've got great sound and are comfortable, but if I have my phone in my left front pocket while using them and turn my head to the right, the sound cuts out. Considering that most of the time I've used these, I'm having to check for traffic (running a snowblower on the highway last winter and more recently while riding my new electric skateboard), this is very annoying. If I move the phone to the right pocket, or a jacket pocket, this doesn't seem to happen near as often.

I hate to replace them because they still work and the sound really is very great for the low price I paid for them (think they were in the ballpark of these in the OP), but since I'm using them more often, I'd definitely like a pair that wasn't picky about where my phone is, as long as it and the headphones are both on my body.

I've had this same issue with the Note 4 and the Nexus 6P, so I'm willing to bet it's the headphones themselves and not just the phone.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Good stuff Shane!

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of Jam Transit BT buds that were recommended to me by someone on the forum. They've got great sound and are comfortable, but if I have my phone in my left front pocket while using them and turn my head to the right, the sound cuts out. Considering that most of the time I've used these, I'm having to check for traffic (running a snowblower on the highway last winter and more recently while riding my new electric skateboard), this is very annoying. If I move the phone to the right pocket, or a jacket pocket, this doesn't seem to happen near as often.

I hate to replace them because they still work and the sound really is very great for the low price I paid for them (think they were in the ballpark of these in the OP), but since I'm using them more often, I'd definitely like a pair that wasn't picky about where my phone is, as long as it and the headphones are both on my body.

I've had this same issue with the Note 4 and the Nexus 6P, so I'm willing to bet it's the headphones themselves and not just the phone.

In my experience these don't cut out until you are 15-20ft away from your device.

JDH

Reaction score
I currently use Sony hard wired over the ear phones for listening to my smart Samsung TV. My turbo will pair to the TV but do you think I could pair these with the TV.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of Jam Transit BT buds that were recommended to me by someone on the forum. They've got great sound and are comfortable, but if I have my phone in my left front pocket while using them and turn my head to the right, the sound cuts out.

@Jonny Kansas I believe I was that person that alerted you to the awesome earbuds, and I too have the same problem with the sound cutting out. I also have that problem with Motorola Buds (bluetooth), and it happens when my phone is in my pocket with my hands. Very annoying indeed.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
@Jonny Kansas I believe I was that person that alerted you to the awesome earbuds, and I too have the same problem with the sound cutting out. I also have that problem with Motorola Buds (bluetooth), and it happens when my phone is in my pocket with my hands. Very annoying indeed.
I thought that was you! Haha! Good to know I'm not the only one. Still not quite bad enough at this point for me to replace them, but definitely annoying. I've been using them more, so I'm keeping these in the op in mind for sure.

Sent from my Note 4

grolson

Reaction score

When it comes to bluetooth headphones there are hundreds to chose from. MPOW has really set themselves apart over the past few years with their high quality yet affordable accessories for Android devices. MPOW is best known for their lineup of bluetooth products. They were nice enough to send me out their 2nd Generation Cheetah Sports Headphones for review. When reviewing headphones I look at three main components comfort, ease of use, and sound.

First off we will take a look at the design and comfort of these headphones. The Cheetah headphones utilize a unique behind ear ergonomic design. I prefer this to the drooping wire design of higher end headphones like the Jaybird Bluebuds which tend to tug and pull on your ears. The part that wraps around the back of your neck is more of a sturdy piece of rugged plastic. When you pull the headphones a part it sort of stands up and springs into action. It wraps comfortably around the back of your neck while the actual ear buds sit perfectly inside your ear canal. You don't have to shove the earbuds into your ears since they just kind of hover in the perfect place. These headphones have to be the most comfortable sport style headphones I have used.

Next up we will talk about the ease of use. When using bluetooth products they need to be easier to setup than just plugging in a wired device, or at least as easy. I am looking for a product that I can turn on and then connect to in my bluetooth settings. Some bluetooth products end up being more of a headache to connect to than they are worth. I don't want to have to read the manual to figure out how to connect my phone to a bluetooth device. The MPOW Cheetah headphones fit this bill. To connect them to your phone all you have to do is press and hold the "phone button" until you hear "your device is powered on" then continue to hold until you hear a beep. Then just open up your bluetooth settings where you will see the Cheetah headphones then just click to connect. As far as ease of use goes this is as good as it gets.

Finally we will talk about the most important part of any headphone, sound quality. These headphones get plenty loud. I actually found myself turning down the volume on many occasions. These were loud enough to hear over my weed eater and lawnmower. As far as sound quality goes these are great for what you are paying. Mids and Highs are excellent, bass suffers a bit. You don't get that full rich sound you get from $200 headphones. Of course this is to be expected from a set of headphones that is less than $30.

In conclusion these headphones are the most comfortable sports headphones you can buy for less than $30. The sound quality is great, but lacks the full rich sound you get from extra bass. The main reason I would buy these headphones is for the comfort and fit. These are guaranteed to stay in your ears no matter what activity you find yourself doing.

These headphones are currently on sale for only $29.99

Here is a coupon code for Droidforums Members! T2JZOLMS for $23.99
Hello, I purchased these on Amazon, no problems, but I have them paired with my Motorola Nexus 6 but can't seem to get the music to play through them. Must be something I'm missing??

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased these on Amazon, no problems, but I have them paired with my Motorola Nexus 6 but can't seem to get the music to play through them. Must be something I'm missing??

Go to Settings, Bluetooth, find the MPow device, click on the cog wheel to the right, and make sure Media Audio is checked.