[REVIEW] GELASkins Vinyl Style And Protection

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Well, I have always stated I DO NOT like cases. Even though I know I should use them for protection, I hate what they do to the phone. I like my phone NAKED, to me it is like making a sexy girl wear a armor suit.... While she is very protected, she is not half a fun to handle and not nearly as nice to look at. So.... I can across a possible solution to protect my phone from scratches and for it you have a 'custom" look. I thought I would post up for anybody who has been kicking around the idea of trying them out.

Ordering and Shipping::: I went to Skins for Motorola DROID X | GelaSkins on Saturday and chose the H.R Giger (Always been a fan) after browsing through the tons of selections. Placed my order, and received a confirmation immediately stating that they will "produce" my skin and it will be shipped within 2-4 "business" days.

Monday morning I received a UPS tracking confirmation confirming my order has shipped and 2 days later it was at my door. So, as for the production, and promptness I would have to give them a 10 easy.

Packaging/Quality::: Package was a simple plastic sleeve with the vinyl sheet containing the skins. One thing i did notice is that there were NO instructions or "tips" for installation. While I guess installation is self explanatory, some tips would have been nice ie: do stretch the skin. LOL

The quality of the skins are very nice, they seem to have a nice thickness to them, the color looks great, and while the adhesive holds tight... It is very forgiving while installing. Don't be afraid to get it right. :)

Installation::: This will be short.... I was hesitate at first but I can say, "it was not bad at all". I wiped my phone down with Pledge MultiSurface wipes (What I always use to clean it with" and taking my time I stuck them on. DONE. It was quite painless.

Overall::: Well, it is only my second day running them but so far I am pleased. I am not worried about putting down my phone, sliding around, or because of the tackyness not slipping out of my hand while banging out some emails and texts.

Hey, for the price of $14.95 and the look of the phone being able to change... IMO, you can't beat it!!.

Pics below.

The Package
2011-03-09_19-19-06_677.jpg

Front Side 1
IMG_20110309_194615.jpg

Front Side 2
IMG_20110309_194558.jpg

Back 1
IMG_20110309_194529.jpg

Back 2
IMG_20110309_194545.jpg

thinman72069

Reaction score
My personal opinion about these in general:

Gross!

More power to you if it floats your boat, though. But you'll never see my X with that crud on it.

Edit:
I actually, after seeing your phone, think yours looks sorta cool. But after looking at the first page on your link, I ran out of there screaming.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
My personal opinion about these in general:

Gross!

More power to you if it floats your boat, though. But you'll never see my X with that crud on it.

Edit:
I actually, after seeing your phone, think yours looks sorta cool. But after looking at the first page on your link, I ran out of there screaming.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thanks... I think?? LOL

But yeah, alot of the skins seem to be geared toward the "female" crowd. The only 2 "I" would personally consider are the 2 H.R Giger ones. Landscape and Birth Machine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

funkpod

Reaction score
hey, quick question, would you still be able to take the back cover off w/ the skin on?

funkpod

Reaction score
thanks! that's cool.... looking forward to maybe getting one now...