Review - ClockworkMod Launcher

OP
M

Magdroid

Reaction score
I saw in another thread that it was recommended to remove the icons/Widgets on your screens when installing. Did you do that or did you just leave them alone?

I removed all Widgets / Icons on the screen. They caused some undesirable Force Closes on Helix (not Helix's fault). So I learned quickly to remove all Apps/Icons from the Stock home screen (or any other home replacements). Some widgets aren't made to have more than 1 installed. And as you can see from the video, I use a lot of widgets.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
Mag, what is the widget you are using on the left screen that has images of people in a row?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
An app that delivers all? Yeah, I want to see that too!

ME TOO, where is the link to such an app????

..and just so it is clear, so I don't have to BAN myself, NOT a free link to a PAID app :)

Geez gang...

https://www.vapordroidapp.net

:)

I like Helix 1.3 beta2, still get force closes on orientation a few times, but nice and quick overall.

I admit having the 3D is nice, but it isn't that nice, I've always said that it never seemed to be destined for the Droid in the first place. In fact as far as the stock launcher goes, I with they had done what BD did, have a wide app handle with the Droid logo on it ... more screens were definately needed.

So all we get arre ports, and with each one it seems to get better and better.

We use what appeals to each of us.

Enjoy the diversity!

armeddroid

Reaction score
An app that delivers all? Yeah, I want to see that too!

ME TOO, where is the link to such an app????

..and just so it is clear, so I don't have to BAN myself, NOT a free link to a PAID app :)

Geez gang...

https://www.vapordroidapp.net

:)

I like Helix 1.3 beta2, still get force closes on orientation a few times, but nice and quick overall.

I admit having the 3D is nice, but it isn't that nice, I've always said that it never seemed to be destined for the Droid in the first place. In fact as far as the stock launcher goes, I with they had done what BD did, have a wide app handle with the Droid logo on it ... more screens were definately needed.

So all we get arre ports, and with each one it seems to get better and better.

We use what appeals to each of us.

Enjoy the diversity!

LOL! Sorry, RW-1...i tried 3x...hahahaha

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
Example Web Page
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Thanks man, I have been trying to find that sucker for ages.. WOW, it is quick, smooth and I love this optional setting for the "enhanced Market"...

[video=youtube;LXwel89p59c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXwel89p59c&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Verizon DROID Other Planets[/video]

:icon_eek:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
LOL! Sorry, RW-1...i tried 3x...hahahaha

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
Example Web Page
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

You must be having connection issues, I got it just fine , see above post ^^ :)

OP
M

Magdroid

Reaction score
Mag, what is the widget you are using on the left screen that has images of people in a row?

It's called:

Contacts! Widget (with the "!" at the end).

It works really well.
Pros: Your favorite contacts packed into a nice widget, where you can assign a pop-up menu (in the video) for texting/messaging/e-mail.
Or you can assign it to just call on tap, text on tap, or e-mail on tap.
Easy to set-up / install.

Cons:
Does not Sync with Facebook unless you have a 3rd party Facebook Sync program.
(The Work Around - Save your Facebook Images to your SD card for the specific contacts you will be using in the app. Then link the Image to to contact, and BAM, works great with the widget!).

Contacts! Widget v2.42 Application for Android | Tools

**I talked to the Dev of the "Pure" widgets. He said he is thinking about making one of these, but is so busy he is not sure if he will ever get to it. I hope he does, because his Widgets are Top-Notch.

chops

Reaction score
I lovehelix and I lov launcher 2, which I am staying with launcher 2 for the first release of this launcher its pretty damn good i do see lag issues and the pesky landscape modebugs me and I heard he is going to put the persistent apps on the bottom so it can only get better

kappadappa

Reaction score
Helix2 has those dots as well, and you can choose between either having the dots or having the Quick Shortcuts on the bottom. Plus, it's free.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The dev for Helix has it working (in beta) on ESE81.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, Helix 2.

I didn't say I have it hehe. If you donate to ruqq, you get in on all these early releases. Being that my checking acount got hacked, I am being stingy right now.