Returning Droid

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jamnrats, Apr 21, 2010.

1. jamnrats

jamnrats New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have original Verizon Packaging they don't need anymore... my wife through her's out and we are returning our droids...

Please let me know asap.

Thanks

2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry my packaging is long gone. Although I am curious as to why you are returning them?

3. Benton

Benton Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We threw ours out too after we took the rebates and probably many others did the same, sorry. Can't you return without the packaging as long as all the other parts are there?

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You can. You can even avoid the restocking charge if you play your cards right. ;)

5. Kenny007

Kenny007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would someone else's packaging even work in this case? The serial numbers on the box and the device within wouldn't match, so wouldn't the box be just as worthless to VZW?

Then again, they may not even look?

Loving my Droid so far (2 weeks with it), surprised to see someone returning it.

6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I was thinking the same thing too. I'm assuming that's why they want the box, to avoid a restocking fee. It doesn't matter, I think they will still try and charge you for it. Unless you are in the first 3 days of use of your Droid.

7. jamnrats

jamnrats New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Replies

1) Why I am returning... it is a great phone, and when talking with most people it is 95% as clear as my previous verizon phone... however, when talking to my wife (droid to droid) the calls are muffled, there are electronics sounds behind our voices, the calls are simply unacceptable. We spend so much time saying "What?"

2) The return policy states "original packaging"... so I am trying to avoid the fight. I agree I should be able to get around that. My monthly bill is at least $250 - I have 6 phones, 3 of which are out of contract so if they want to continue getting my money, they will "work with me"...

3) To get the rebates you have to cut all that identifying information off and send it in... so I don't know that after that there is any difference in the packaging. And if there is... oh well...

8. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ONE suggestion if you haven't done so prior to returning the Droids. On each phone dial *228 and the select option 2 and see if that improves quality any.

9. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm pretty sure when they say original packaging they mean before you cut out the info for the warranty. A box with a huge hole cut in the side is worthless to them, its not like they can reuse it.

10. jamnrats

jamnrats New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Attempted Fixes

We have tried numerous things to try and fix the problem...

- Battery out for 5 minutes, then *228
    - Waited for the "big" update
    - *228 again
    - Battery out for 5 minutes, then *228 again
    - Hidden code in phone setting calls to higher quality

Seriously we are fed up... we are going back to the basics... LG Cosmos phones... no bells, no whistles... just texting and calling... forget the rest...

11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey, that's fine. Droid isn't for everybody. I know I don't have any problems talking to my wife Droid to Droid. I can recall a couple of times when it sounded a little like a funnel, but usually it's crystal clear.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

12. Benton

Benton Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can certainly understand the frustration...afterall, it is a phone. I'll ask the obvious - did you contact Verizon tech support and did they offer any ideas? If so I am surprised they would just give you suggestions and not follow through to make sure it all worked. My wife and I have Droids and do not get muffled conversations between us making me think there is something unique about the set-up or signals you are receiving. Do you have bluetooth devices and are the calls still "muffled" when using them? Just taking stabs ...