Question about returning my Droid

dannygberg

Reaction score
First off, don't get me wrong. I love my Droid. I purchased it on February 13th for $299 from a Verizon store (with $100 rebate).

I now see that it is on sale for $49.99 on Amazon here: AmazonWireless: Motorola DROID A855 Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

Now since I am within my 30-day return window, can I simply return my Droid to Verizon (and get back $199 I assume, since my rebate is in process) and then purchase the Droid from Amazon and activate it once I receive it?

I'm willing to do this if it means I can save $150 when it's all said and done.

Anyone have any experience with this? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

OP
D

dannygberg

Reaction score
I should add that when I bought my Droid, I obviously added the $30 data plan to my account. So if I return my Droid to Verizon, I'd have to cancel the plan as well.

The when I purchase from Amazon.com, I'd be adding this "new" plan again.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I should add that when I bought my Droid, I obviously added the $30 data plan to my account. So if I return my Droid to Verizon, I'd have to cancel the plan as well.

The when I purchase from Amazon.com, I'd be adding this "new" plan again.

Not so fast buddy boy.;)

You can return the Droid but you can't cancel the plan. You only have 3 days to do that. So you're only other alternative would be another phone.

Well you could cancel the plan but you'd get hit with the cancellation fee.

Look, I paid too much for my Droid and it was more then you paid for yours. Might as well just keep it.

paoutdoorsman

Reaction score
I think you'll find also that the $49 price tag is only good for new service accounts as well...

OP
D

dannygberg

Reaction score
I think you'll find also that the $49 price tag is only good for new service accounts as well...
Right. I was under the impression that I could return my phone and my plan with no return/termination fee because I was within the 30-day window.

Can someone direct me to the 3-day policy?

OP
D

dannygberg

Reaction score
You may terminate service for any reason within 30 days of activation. If you purchased equipment from us at a promotional price at the time of activation, you must return that equipment to avoid being assessed an Early Termination Fee. You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within 3 days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date.
Source: Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

Seems like this would apply to me, no?

If I'm reading that correctly, the 3-day window applies to the Activation Fee (which I don't even think I had to pay, IIRC).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You will be hit with the $35 restocking fee....

cpjr

Reaction score
By the time your done paying the restocking fee and probably a new activation fee again, plus the time and effort.....its REALLY not worth it. And thats even without any early termination fee.