Returning an app

skitch92

Reaction score
hey guys, first post!

First off, I LOVE my new Droid - i thought i was addicted to my blackberry but this thing is nutsss.

Okay but onto my question.

I purchased better keyboard from the market. Ive been having some problems with it and its very glitchy. I read somewhere on here that you can return apps for a full refund within 24 hours. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this?

Thanks so much. Skitch. :motdroidhoriz:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey guys, first post!

First off, I LOVE my new Droid - i thought i was addicted to my blackberry but this thing is nutsss.

Okay but onto my question.

I purchased better keyboard from the market. Ive been having some problems with it and its very glitchy. I read somewhere on here that you can return apps for a full refund within 24 hours. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this?

Thanks so much. Skitch. :motdroidhoriz:

Welcome to the forum, skitch92! OK, this is how you do it...

You have 24 hours from the time of purchase (not download) to return an application purchased through Android Market for a full refund. You may only return a given application once; if you subsequently purchase the same app again, you may not return it a second time.

How to return an app
  1. From Market, visit the My Downloads page, and select the application you'd like to return.
  2. Applications that are eligible for return are marked with a 'Uninstall & Refund' button. Please note that after the 24-hour return period has expired, all sales are final.
  3. After 24 hours, selecting the "Uninstall" button will simply remove the application from your device.
Locate Refund

When the seller refunds your order, your Google Checkout account should immediately reflect this change. Cancelled orders are automatically refunded. You can verify the refund has been finalized in your Google Checkout account. After an order is refunded, you may notice a pending authorization on your credit/debit card. The pending authorization will expire from your account in 1 to 14 business days. Contact your bank for details.

Retry Failed Refund

Funds will automatically be returned to the credit/debit card used at the time of purchase. If your bank declines a refund from Google, you'll need to update your card or provide a new card to receive your refund; the money will automatically be returned to the new or updated card.
First, contact your bank to determine why a refund failed. Next, retry the refund by updating your declined credit/debit card, or add a new card to your Google Checkout account.

To add a new card to your Google Checkout account:
  1. Sign in to your account at Google Checkout.
  2. Click Edit payment methods.
  3. Enter your credit/debit card details and billing address under Add a new payment method.

Click Save.
    • To update an existing card, click Edit under the card information you would like to change. After you've made the desired updates, click Save.
When you add or update a card, you may see a temporary $1.00 line-item on your statement. The temporary line-item will expire automatically, but it may take several days for the refund to appear on your statement. Specific turnaround times vary by card-issuing bank. Please contact your bank for details.

Hope that helps!

:welcome:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One more thing. If you get a refund, but decide later to try the app again, you won't get another chance for a refund. This is to prevent people from "buying" an app, using it for their immediate need, and then asking for a refund (until they need it again).

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I recommend swype.

A very good recommendation but the install of Swype may confuse him right now. It has alot of steps to take to install and someone new to the phone might not quite understand how to do these steps yet. I would recommend SlideIT keyboard as it is down loadable from the market and a very close comparison to Swype.

Last edited: