Paid Apps & Various ROMS

baniels

Reaction score
I wanted to point this out for anyone who is an avid ROM swapper. I'm on a new ROM every other day lately.

A few days ago I was having a couple issues, so I went back to stock - root free. I had been on the various sholes/DroidMod ROMS, as well as others.

Anyhow, while I was in stock, I purchased Profiles Settings yesterday afternoon. I played around with it, but it wasn't really suiting me. I figured I'd give it a few more tries and then return it before 24 hours.

This morning I flashed on the COW 2.1. Then I went to refund the Profiles Settings application. But it wasn't in my list of downloaded/purchased apps. I searched by the developer and could only see the lite version of the app, not the paid one.

I'm guessing the market saw me as 2.1 and for some reason only the lite version was available to me.

It took reloading my previous stock Nandroid, then doing a full system reset within stock recovery, before I was able to see that app again in the market in order to get my refund.

Not a huge deal, but it was an annoyance. Anyone else out there swapping ROMs left and right, and purchasing apps they may not want to keep, should keep this in mind.